•Epilogue•

I wake up in a panic, with my throat parched and my stomach burning with a piercing pain.

There's only one thought in my head.

"Renesse," I say, my voice sounding like it had been grated with sandpaper.

I sit up and almost black out from the pain spreading to my chest.

I clutch the sheet over me and yank it off, revealing layers of bandages above my lower abdomen, now soaked crimson with blood. I slowly bring my fingertips to it and brush them against the wound, and scream in pain when the pain stabs through me yet again.

Fuck.

The door busts open to reveal a hysterical nurse in white, her eyes widened in horror at the state of my reopened wound.

"What have you done? You shouldn't move so fast, the stitches have come undone now!" She yells and forces me back down on the bed, which mustn't have been so hard because I was as strong as a ladybug with bowel problems right then.

"No.....Renesse," I croak and push against her. "I need to see Renesse,"

"You are not going anywhere, young man, now lay still while I give you some anesthetic. We'll have to fix those stitches again now." The nurse straps my hands to the headboard of the hospital bed and presses a button for help.

I continue to resist and writhe against my bonds, desperate to get to Renesse. I needed to know if they had saved her.

I feel a pinch in my arm as the nurse plunges a syringe into my bloodline and fills my veins with anesthetic, making me feel light-headed. Black spots cloud my vision as I struggle to stay conscious.

"There you go, dear. You'll be good as new after we're done with you." I hear the nurse say, as my body goes limp.

My mind stills as the anesthesia takes over my senses and clouds my memory.

Who was I asking about again?

I think I'm sleepy.

I'll just go to sleep now.

_______________________

"I think he's up now, sir."

"He was out for too long, Clarence. You gave him a general anesthetic that just made his state of Amnesia irreversible. His family might sue us for this because of your impudence."

"Well, sir I didn't look at his records before. All I saw was a patient in potential danger, and I came to help."

"That still does not put you in the clear, Ms. Wight,"

I groan and open my eyes to face a man in white surgeon's robes and the nurse who had injected me earlier.

They look at me in concern as I grit my teeth and glance at my abdomen to check if it was on fire, because it felt like it was.

They had been talking about my Amnesia, and how the nurse had fucked up big time with the anesthetic. I was sure it would be an interesting topic to converse about, especially since I despised the nurse. But something was nagging me in the back of my head.

I gasp. It all comes back to me. The fight, my brother, me getting stabbed in the gut, Renesse saving my life.

Renesse.

I look back up at the surgeon and the nurse.

"I need to see a patient. Now. Please."

They look at each other in surprise.

"I'm not sure we can move you right now, Mr. Adams, unless you want to break your stitches again. You caused quite a riot last time-" The nurse begins to say, but I cut her off.