Chapter .28.

I'm taken aback by how Aiden, who was pissing his pants at the idea of coming here, is now holding a gun to his look-alike's head.

That shit escalated quickly.

Aiden look-alike sucks in a breath, and moves his eyes back up to meet mine. I see a kind of signal in them, that says a we're not done yet.

Oh hell nah we weren't done yet. He can't just go ahead and kiss me and just shrug his shoulders about it. I'll teach his ass to ask for consent.

I don't care how fucking romantic it might be, sucking someone's face off without asking permission is just nasty. Nah uh.

Aiden look-alike ducks and jabs his elbow into Aiden's gut. It was Aiden's first time holding a gun and his posture was weak. He had it coming. I rush forward to intercept the gun, but it's too late.

Little Cu- I mean Aiden look-alike grabs the gun and holds it to Aiden's forehead.

You know what, I'm just going to call him Little Cunt. He deserves it. Aiden freezes and his eyes flick to meet mine, but I'm not looking at him, I'm looking at Little Cunt's face. He is aghast, and his face goes pale at the sight of Aiden staring right back at him. Then he turns his head sharply to look at me. I tense.

"You know." Is all he says. It's not like a question, it's a statement. His voice sounds defeated and scared.

All I wanted to do a victory dance and say "Bitch got busteeed."

But the sensible part of my brain, (the one I barely use, by the way,) told me that maybe that wasn't such a good idea when Little Cunt had a gun in his hands. Oh well.

"You aren't Aiden. I know you aren't. Tell me who you are, and this will be a lot more easier." I say, and then my dumb little hoe of a brain decides to remember that I'd kept my trusty taser in the back pocket of my jeans. I pull it out and flick the switch, lighting up the night with the deadly sparks of the taser.

I only decide to do this because I know by the look on his face that he knows Aiden knows something he doesn't, even with a dodgy memory. He won't kill him. And me. He definitely had no plans of killing me after our little fiasco, I could tell.

Or not.

Little Cunt huffs, like the kind of huff you do when you decide to be extra and add a little mayo to your morning breakfast sandwich which is usually just butter and bread, but the mayo turns out to be yeast. Okay maybe not that kind of huff. More like a I'm-going-to-rip-someone's-liver-out-and-eat-it kind of huff.

Those huffs are scary. He pulls clicks the gun and jabs it into Aiden's forehead. His finger rests on the trigger and he's about to pull it when I pounce on his sorry ass and spike my combat boot into his face. He groans but then I hear a click and my heart stops. He pulled the trigger.

I lock his neck in my arms and jab my knee into his spine.

No no no please no. Not Aiden. Not again.