Chapter .21.

It's about 7:30 when I walk over to my bicycle. I'm going to be late for dinner if I don't hurry.

I throw on my helmet and pedal rapidly to the nearest grocery store. I park my bike in a corner and rush in.

The cool air of the store greets me, blowing over my flushed face. I grab a cart and walk around the aisles, looking for my Froot Loops. Oh, I live off of those things.

I finally find the cartons and throw two in. I suddenly remember that we also needed peanut butter so I walk around to the bread department and shove a jar into my cart.

I push my cart over to the cashier counter and wait in line behind an old lady.

She's probably hard of hearing judging from their conversation.

"Ma'am, would you like a carry bag?" The young female cashier asks.

"No honey, I don't have jet lag. Now could you please hurry up, I've left my poor dog all alone at home and I have to hurry back." She says, waving her hand around.

Yup, deaf as a post.

The cashier looks taken aback. She shakes her head and tries again. "No ma'am, I asked if you wanted a carry bag, since you've got a lot of things to carry."

The old lady huffs. "Did you just call me a hairy fag? Young people nowadays, so stuck up. And no, I don't carry wigs! Hurry up and just bill my things girl!"
She says in a high pitched shaky voice.

The cashier just gives up and puts the old lady's stuff into a brown bag and hands it to her.

She snatches the bag from the poor cashier and walks- no, sashays away with her nose in the air.

I walk up to the counter and giver her an understanding smile. I put my things on the counter and pay for them.

"Would you like a carry bag ma'am?" She asks hopefully.

I shake my head. "No, thank you, I've brought my own." I say and put my things into my cloth bag.

I smile at her and walk out the store with the bag. I head over to my cycle and put my bag on the front hook and latch my helmet around my head again.

I start to pedal on the walkway, since it's pretty empty at this time of the evening. I pedal for about five more minutes till I reach our house, glowing lights behind the curtains. I take off my helmet, grab my backpack and the groceries and hurry to the front door.

I unlock the door and walk over to the kitchen and put the bag of groceries there. I sling my backpack off my shoulders and put it in the shelf.

I hear laughter from the living room and decide to freshen up before I meet Amanda. I look like a mess right now, with my hair all windblown.

I head up quickly and change into a flowy loose white dress that I usually wear to the beach. I'm not in the mood for pants right now.

I wash my face and brush my hair quickly and head down again. This time, Amanda and Kelly are at the kitchen, setting up plates on the table.

"Hey guys, sorry to keep you guys waiting, I got held up at the grocery store." I say and smile.

Amanda walks over to me and hugs me, even though we only met once when Kelly dragged me along with her to a bar. I comply and wrap my arms around her short, narrow frame.

She pulls back and smiles widely. She's pretty in a natural way, with wildly curly blonde hair and green eyes. She's pale with an Ivory skinned complexion but had heavy freckles dotting her cheekbones and forehead.

I smile back at her and look over to Kelly, looking elegant in a wine coloured dress. Kelly walks over to me and smacks my upside my head.

Great, an almost-stranger hugs me warmly at greeting and my childhood best friend smacks me without warning.
How sweet.

"What was that for you little cun-" She cuts off my whining by pointing to the clock, which said 8:15.

I smile sheepishly. "You told me you'd be here at 7:40 by the latest, and now the pasta is all gross and cold. Fuck you Nesse." She glares at me.

If there's one way to piss Kelly off, you ruin her food. I'm in deep shit now.

Amanda comes to my rescue and kisses Kelly deeply, before putting the cold pasta in the oven and reheating it.

Now I really hope she marries Amanda.

Kelly softens and huffs at Amanda.

Amanda laughs and looks at me. "Don't mind her Renesse, sit down, it's nearly warm enough now."

I grin like a five-year old and sit down obediently.

Amanda takes out the steaming bowl of delicious pasta and places in on the table. I lean over and take a long sniff of the delicacy, my mouth watering already.

Kelly sits down after pulling the chair out for her lover.

We all dig in like pigs. Well, actually I dig in like a pig and Kelly and Amanda eat like humans. Whatever, I was starving.

Dinner goes great and at the end of it, I approved of Amanda entirely. She was hilarious, sweet and caring.

Damn I wish I swung both ways. Women must be fun to date. How is this fair?

Kelly managed to convince Amanda to stay the night, and we all say our goodnights and head up to our bedrooms.

What I was concerned of was that this house had thin walls. I hope they'll do whatever they do quietly.