Chapter.2.

I swallowed back my anger and responded with a simple

"I guess five years is long. Too long to be greeted back with a TEXT MESSAGE YOU FUCKFACE!!"

See, I really was good at anger management.
Okay, maybe I needed to work on that.

I felt hot moisture pooling In my eyes. Oh hell, not again.

I had already done too much of that while taking time to digest Aiden was gone.

Ha! Guess not.

Whenever we used to fight, it would be almost Impossible to stay mad at him. He was just too adorable.

Imagine combining his beautiful  warm brown eyes, smooth dark hair and his soft full lips with a pout.

Yes people, Aiden was hot. Supermodel hot.

Clichè I know, being best friends with the cute guy next door and then having feelings for him.

What was not clichè was him leaving and never coming back.

Well, atleast for 8 years.

He's like some sadistic jack-in-the-box. You keep turning the lever but it never springs up and when you least expect it, it explodes in your face like BAM BITCH YOU THOUGHT!

I was still kind of in shock with all this suddenly happening. I contemplated on whether to alert the police about this since this was a pretty big case and they had spent a lot of time searching for Aiden and his family.

But then again, this whole thing could be a joke. A lot of people at my old high school knew about my connection with him and after what happened, I started shutting people out and got really depressed.

Someone so long gone couldn't just come back with a text.

Sorry, but I got trust issues okay?

I decided on not telling the police right away and wait for more proof.

Just the thought of seeing him again, hearing his voice, made me so so hopeful.

I missed My Aiden.

I jumped as my phone buzzed again. Quickly taking it out, I read the reply.

"Still a fiesty little devil now, aren't you? Look I'm sorry, I really am and you have no idea how much I missed you but there were certain......reasons that forced me to leave. I wish we could get those years back. I wish so bad."

My mouth hung open.
Certain reasons?
If those reasons of his were the cause of my severe depression and heartbreak that took years to heal, then I had to know them.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. You left without an explanation, or even a note that could tell me you were okay. Do you know how much I cried? I thought you were DEAD Aiden. What reasons? If there is an explanation for this bullshit then I need to hear it."

Hands shaking, I put down the phone. I would not cry.

I was strong. I could deal with this.

The phone buzzed again.

"Renesse I've never been this sorry In my life. I couldn't leave any traces behind. It was just too dangerous. I made you cry and I hate myself for It. I'm a heartless fool to have left you like that and I'll make it up to you I promise. About the reasons....I can't tell you right here right now."

I was really angry now. And by angry I mean She-Hulk kind of angry.

"Honestly, I don't know If I ever can forgive you Aiden. And what do you mean you can't tell me? I need to hear the cause for all this. NOW."

The reply came fast.

"I won't ask you to forgive me because I know mistakes like this cannot be forgiven. You have all rights to know and I will tell you. But.. just not right now."

"Then WHEN?"

"Meet me under the bridge tomorrow at five o'clock and please don't tell anyone about this."

What? Woah. Okay so I guess this wasn't joke. I had to meet him.

"Alright. I'll see you there."

"Thanks for the second chance Roid, you won't regret it."

Hopefully, I wouldn't.