Chapter .18.

After parking my bike a mile or so away from the house in an old shed me and Kelly had built for our highschool sleepovers since I knew Kelly's car would be in our garage, I hike my backpack up on my shoulders and begin to walk home.

It's pretty dark, so I watch my step. As I keep walking, I come across some men sitting on a bench under the streetlight. They look kind of shady so I fasten my backpack tighter around my shoulders.

"Heyyy darlin' can you give us a smile?" A voice calls out beside me as I walk past the bench.

I look straight ahead and keep walking briskly, hoping they'll get the hint and fuck off.

"Damn girl, I would love to have a piece of you!" Another asshole shouts behind me.

I roll my eyes and fight the urge to spit at them. Suddenly, someone grips my arm tightly and spins me around. I'm face to face with a jackass wearing a beanie and smelling like cigarette ash.

Great, not only is he a catcalling bastard but he also smokes.

"Pretty girl like you shouldn't be walking home alone at this time of the night. Need a ride?" He says, pulling me close to him.

I smile. "You think I'm pretty? That's so fucking sweet!" I say, honey dribbling down my chin.

He looks confused. Until I ram my knee in his crotch. Twice. He screams and crouches, howling in pain. I kick his knee and make him fall to the ground. I crouch down to his level and grip his greasy hair and lift his head up.

He's furious. I swing my fist at his face and hear something crunch as it connects with his nose. He cups his nose, trying to contain the flow of blood.

"Still wanna give me a ride?" I sneer.

He just whimpers in answer. Meh. Good enough.

There's a sharp pain in the back of my head as someone pulls me up, gripping my hair.

This dickface smells like Rum. He puts his mouth disgustingly close to my face and....sniffs me?

What the fuck? Now I'm getting attacked my mutant dog jackasses.

"Is that perfume or just something I really want to taste?" He tugs my hair again, making me face him.

I sneer and spit at him right in the eye. He lets go of my precious hair and wipes his eye in disgust.

He walks over to me threateningly. "Now I've got to teach you a lesson." He growls.

"Bite me." I say and duck swiftly and slide under his legs.

Now he's caught off guard so I jump onto his back and lock my arms tight around his neck, preventing him from breathing. He gasps and claws at my arms but I don't let them budge.

His face is now looking slightly blue and I decide to let him off before I kill him. I remove my grip and jump back to the ground. He falls to the ground and gasps for air, nearly unconscious.

I smirk, satisfied. Until I turn around to find the rest of the goons surrounding me.

Oh fuck. I don't think I can take them all at once even with my skills, since they look burly and must be three times my body weight.

I could try though. But I'll need a weapon. My mind immediately goes to the gun weighting down my backpack.

No. Not the gun. I pull out my taser and flick it on. I look at their faces flinch in fear at the deadly electric sparks glowing from the taser, ready to immobilize them.

One of the brave but dumb ones comes running at me. I simply up the voltage and stick the points in his abdomen. He falls to the ground with a thud.

I look back up and raise an eyebrow. Most of them just scurry back into the darkness of the night but theres one left.

I sigh. How stupid can they get?

He sneers at me and pulls out a gun.

Oh. Maybe not that stupid.

He walks to me slowly and loads his gun. I keep my eyes trained on the gun. He comes up to me and points the gun at my head. His finger rests comfortably on the trigger.

"Girls shouldn't put up a fight. That's because they get killed even if they try. Just do what I want you to and I'll let you go." He says, turning the gun.

"Girls are not submissive and they never were. You can go stick a grill up you ass. I'll never do what you say."
Screw my motormouth.

He laughs menacingly, like in all the Spiderman movies. "You think you have a chan-" I cut him off by taking his distracted state as an advantage and spiking my elbow up into his arm hard. He yelps and drops the gun.

Bad move, jackass.
I snatch the gun from him and ram the hilt into his skull.

He drops to the ground, motionless.

I check his neck for a pulse and sigh in relief when I find one. I didn't kill anybody tonight.

I get up and turn around, a victorious smile on my lips.
Ah, I'll need some good rest tonight.