Chapter.4.

I groan loudly as a piercing light hits my eyes.

Ugh. Should've closed the curtains before going to bed.

Then It hits me. Today is the day I get to see Aiden.

Oh. My. God.

I jump out of bed, brush and pick an outfit. Well, I pick an outfit after a lot of contemplation.

I check the watch. 8:45 am
I have to get to work at 9.

I walk down the stairs, and see Kelly making toast. "Heyoo mate!" I greet.

"Morning." she yawns sleepily. I grab a piece of toast and shove it in my mouth. Then, I slide my backpack on my shoulders, and grab the doorknob.

"Don't forget lunch!" Kelly calls out as she tosses me my lunch bag.

"Thanks, I might not be home that early today." I say, catching it midair.

"Okay."

I twist the doorknob and head out. The cold air stings my cheeks.

I pull my scarf up higher and get into my busted up car.

After a few turns, Cafè Caffeine, the place where I work, comes into sight.

The door jingles as I push It open.

"Hola!" I call out to Maria, my friend and employer here.

"Hola Renesse!" she smiles as she hands me my apron.

Putting It on, I take a lungful of the sweet smell of coffee and cookies.

"Ahh smells good Rico!" I say to our main chef.

"Its supposed to darlin'.How else do you think this place is such a success?" He winks.

"I know its a success because of my famous smiles that I give out for free everyday to the customers."

"Yeah, right." He rolls his eyes.

As the customers slowly start to arrive, I begin attending tables and taking orders.

I wasn't able to focus at all. All I could think of was Aiden. Aiden. Aiden and Aiden. I even got the orders all messed up.

When a customer ordered a Cappuccino I turned it into a Caramel macchiato. Damn this boy was getting to me.

I was doodling on a tissue when Maria walked over.

"You seem distracted today Nesse, Everything okay?" She asks, concern in her eyes.

I give her a smile. "Of course Maria. Just tired that's all."

"Go home now and get some rest. There aren't that many customers at this time anyway." She says, still worried.

"But my shift isn't over yet...and I have an errand to run later so I can't exactly go home."

"It is all right. You work your cute butt off enough. And is errand just code for date?" She asks wiggling her eyebrows.

"Not a date sadly but an errand." I say, laughing.

"When will you get out there and move on from that boy? You shouldn't waste your beautiful face moping around all the time." She asks sadly. She knows about Aiden.

Practically everyone does.

"Maria....oh nevermind. Thanks for letting me off early today!" I say and hug her then grab my leather jacket and swing it over my shoulders. I grab my backpack and walk out of the Café.

I check my watch. It's time.

I get into my car and slam the door shut.

The bridge..

That's an odd spot to reunite. What if its just some creep trying to kidnap me?! I reach over to my backpack and fumble through it.

Pepper spray? Check.
Phone on emergency mode? Check.
Lip gloss in case it's actually Aiden? Check.
Hotel? Trivago.