Chapter.1.

"I'm home!" I yell before shutting the door and coming inside. I slip my bag off my shoulders and collapse onto the couch.

"Nesse, I'm going grocery shopping!" Yells my roommate Kelly from somewhere inside.

"Okay, but don't forget the ice cream!"  I yell back.

She walks comes out and I feel the couch dip beside me.
She chuckles. "I might as well be forgetting to breathe."

She ruffles my already messed up hair and gets up.
I hear the door slam shut and get up.

Well, might as well eat something to pass the time.

I reach for the handle of the fridge as my phone buzzes.
Frowning, I take it out and read the text.

What the actual fudge?

Should've sat down for this.

My eyes basically bulging out of my head, I read the text again, slowly. And then I do it again like three times. This shit is unbelievable.

"Hey polaroid, long time no see."

No one calls me with that lame ass nickname except...him.

Aiden. Aiden Adams.

My past next-door neighbour and childhood best friend and probably even more...until he left.
We were so close, basically inseparable. He understood me when no one else could. We went to the same high school and shared the deepest bond I had ever known.I had developed feelings for him without even realising. He was my rock. And I thought I was his.

He had dissapeared along with his family 8 years ago. My mind went to his family. He had a mother and a younger brother. Livia Adams and Jonathan Adams. Livia was a kind, good natured lady and she was like a second mother to me.
Jonathan was just 7 years old and so damn adorable.
After they dissapeared, no amount of investigation, police involvement, or even putting up missing signs helped.

No one knew where they had had gone.

I was broken after that happened. People kept coming up to me and telling me to give up. I didn't want their advice. I didn't want their sympathy.

I didn't want to believe my best friend was dead.

They couldn't pretend to understand because shit like this doesn't happen to everyone.

My name is Renesse Roid and I am 20 years old. Right now, I was so mad, so fucking mad that I could rip Aiden's pretty little head off and stick it up his tight little butt.
Who does this kind of shit to people?!

Oh yeah here I am, Imma just dissapear for eight whole goddamn years and just casually pop right back into the human world with a text.

After I was done fuming over whatever happened, I decided to reply.

"Aiden? Wow. Nice of you to finally notice I was alive after 8 whole years you bitch!"

Was my first thought.

My finger hovered over the send button but I decided to reel in my anger.....I wanted to believe he had really come back.