Chapter.6.

My phone buzzes next to me on the coffee table and I pick it up.

"Will be late today. Don't wait up." - Kelly.

"Kay."

I sigh. That girl had an exciting life. Probably partying with her colleagues from work.

I grab some salad for dinner and go up to my room. As I plop on the bed, something hits my foot.

I bend down to see what it is and curse it.

My memory box.

I roll my eyes and push it back under, with maybe a little too much force.
Screw this shit, I'm out.

I quickly finish my salad and get under the covers. No more taking shit from people who don't care anyway.

I close my eyes and doze off.

           ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

I'm shook awake by my monster of a friend in a very non-gentle way.

"Wake up sunshineeeee!!!" Kelly yells, I mean, screeches.
Jesus that girl had a higher pitched voice than Ariana.

I groan. "Piss off Kelly. Aren't you supposed to be hungover or something?"

She glares at me. "Shut up Nesse."
She clutches my arm and drags  me out of bed. Literally drags me.

Thump.

Yes, that was my poor body being punished by gravity and my insensitive best friend.

"Oww fuck you Kelly!" I whimper.

She smirks evilly."You'll find someone to fuck pretty soon. I have something planned this evening."

My eyes widen. "What did you do?"

She casually shrugs. "I may have set you up on a date with one of my colleagues."

"Arrghh Kellyy!" I scream at her and pounce.

She laughs and dodges. "Go take a shower and come on downstairs. I've made breakfast. We're gonna have to get you ready for your date!" She squeals excitedly.

I roll my eyes and huff. "You torturous piece of poop."

I get up from the floor and head towards the shower.

After taking a shower and wrapping my dripping hair into a towel, I step out of the bathroom.

Kelly's waiting for me in my room grinning so wide I thought her mouth was stretched far enough to make a trampoline.

"Why are you in here you puta? I gotta change!" I say looking through my drawer for some comfy clothes to chill in since I had no intentions of going out.

Kelly shook her head at me, still smiling like a maniac.
"Why, silly I came to help you pick out an outfit for the date this evening." She said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"No. I'm not going on a date with some creepy dude I don't know."

She smiles even bigger, making me cringe."The creepy dude's name is Zeke and who said I asked you?"

"I'm not going. Just call it off. I'm too tired for this." I say, slipping into some grey sweatpants and a loose white shirt.

Her expression turns serious.
"I'm tired of you moping around after what happened eight years ago. You shut yourself off and it's time you lived a little, Nesse. He's a good guy and it's time for you to get out there. Please just give it a shot." She pleades, her eyes begging with me to agree.

Now how could I say no to that?

I sigh. "Fine. But if he turns out to be a douche then it's on you."

"He's not a douche and he's literally the hottest guy at work. So don't criticise my choice in guys okay?" she says, chuckling.

"Okay. So where did you plan this date of ours?"

She shrugs."I didn't. He said he'd take care of it and told me to tell you to just dress casual."

I raise an eyebrow. "Ooohkayy..... So since this thing is in at the evening, I'll decide what to wear later."

"Make sure you have enough time to pick out an outfit. You have to be ready at half past seven." She warns.

I roll my eyes. "That's plenty of time. I'm totally gonna look bomb."

        At quarter past seven,

"This is definitely not enough time I'm going to look like the fucking Nun!" I yell in panic, throwing things out of my closet, not knowing what to wear.

"Renesse, if you don't shut the crap up, our neighbors are going to kill us." Kelly says, annoyed at my antics.

She had already done my hair, curling the ends of my shoulder length black hair slightly to make gentle waves. I had streaks of purple at the ends of my hair which I got done last summer, so it just added to the effect.

I had very less makeup on, since I wasn't really a big fan of it. Just some eyeliner to bring out my honey gold eyes and nude lipstick.

Now I just needed to figure out what the hell I was gonna wear.

"Ah! Perfect." Kelly emerges from my now messy closet, holding a pair of embroidered black denim shorts and a white lace top.

"This'll go perfect along with the white sneakers you bought earlier!" She squeals excitedly.

I grin. "Thanks. It's been so long since I've actually tried to look good."

"Well he's going to drool when he sees you. Now go change!" she yells playfully.

I slip on the shorts and top and adjust my hair again. I head downstairs and slip on my sneakers. I glance in the mirror.

Damn I'm fine.

I check my watch. It's exactly half past seven. I grab my phone and wallet- yes wallet not purse, I hate purses- and put them in my backpack.

Kelly walks out from the kitchen. "Any minute now and by the way, you look gorgeous."

"Thanks to you, mostly." I smile.

Just then, the doorbell rings.
Kelly looks at me."Well? Answer it!"

I take a deep breath, and twist the doorknob, opening the door.

There stands an attractive looking guy, with ruffled brown hair and green eyes in a button up black shirt, defining his biceps.

He smiles. "Hello, you must be Renesse, I'm Zeke."