Chapter .7.

"Hello you must be Renesse, I'm Zeke." He says, smiling his pearly white teeth glinting in the darkness.

Woah. This dude was hot. I thought the only people who agreed to go on blind dates were losers who couldn't find a date on their own.

Realising I had not replied, I smile. "That's me! I'll just get my coat and be right back."

"Sure."

I rush back in and grab my coat from the hanger. I walk to the door to see Kelly and Zeke talking.

"You better be the perfect date unless you want me to rip your balls off." Kelly jokes, but I catch an underlying threat in that.

"Who can be better than me? Plus, she's gorgeous. Didn't expect that. All people who agree to go on blind dates are losers." He laughs.

Kelly punches his arm. He seems barely affected.
"They are not! That would make you a loser too." She sasses back.

I roll my eyes and walk up to them, effectively cutting off their little banter.

I smile at Zeke. "Ready to go?"

He nods and takes my hand. I feel him enclosing his fingers over my cold hands, making them warm. I look back at Kelly who winks playfully.

I blow a kiss to her and turn front to see Zeke leading me to his car.

He opens the door for me, and gestures for me to sit down.
I raise my eyebrows. "How gentlemany." I say playfully.

He chuckles. "Atleast you didn't say chauvinistic."
I slide in on the leather seats. Zeke gets in and starts the car.
"So where are you taking me?" I ask, not being able to contain my curiosity anymore.

"I know this amazing taco place and my mom always said that the way to a girl's heart is through her stomach." He smirks.

"Well your mom is a smart woman." I laugh.

Zeke shrugs. "Not really. At first she thought Beyoncé was a dude."

I double over with laugher and hit my head on the dashboard.
"Ow!" I rub my poor head.
Zeke glances over, taking his eyes off the road for a minute, looking genuinely concerned.
"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm just real clumsy." I reassure him.

He pulls into the driveway of a shop with a neon light saying ' Tropical Tacodeli'.

I get out of the car and follow Zeke into the restaurant. The smell of mexican sauce fills my lungs. Zeke greets the owner, who he seems to be close with, and finds us a place to sit.

He sits down opposite to me and slides a copy of the menu over to me. I pick it up and flip through the menu, totally confused.
Zeke notices my puzzled expression and smirks. "I think it would be best if I order for the both of us?" He suggests, humour seeping into his words.

"Hey! I had no idea we were going to a taco place. I would've done research on Mexican food or something If I knew!" I defend myself.

Zeke raises an eyebrow.
"Research on what to eat? Oh my how well prepared you like to be. Might as well learn Spanish and wear a poncho." He chuckles, his beautiful emerald eyes glinting playfully.

I kick his leg under table and glare at him. "The only word I know in Spanish is Puta and thankfully it describes you well." I smirk, satisfied with my comeback.

He raises his arms in defeat. "Jeez woman calm down I just have an unfortunately twisted sense of humour." He says, his eyes still looking amused.

A waiter comes by, waiting for our order. Zeke raises the menu.
He looks at me. "Renesse, are you vegetarian?" I smile so broad all I probably look like Pennywise. He is literally the first person to acknowledge or even consider the fact that I might be Vegetarian.

"Actually I am, thanks for asking." I reply happily.

He nods in understanding and looks at the waiter. "We'd like a Double Decker taco and please substitute the beef for beans."
The waiter scribbled down the order and rushes off.

"So....uhh...do you believe in unicorns?" I ask like a fool in a fucked up attempt to make conversation.

Zeke looks surprised but answers anyway. "Actually I do. Don't judge me but I sleep with my stuffed unicorn when I have creepy ass nightmares." He says, blushing in embarrassment.

"That's adorable. How mature of you Zeke." I tease, laughing.

He rolls his eyes and scoffs. "Yeah, says the girl who has a hello kitty band aid on her knee."
I gasp. How on earth did he notice that? I scraped my knee the other day and we had run out of band aids so I had to settle for these Hello Kitty ones.

"How the heck did you notice that? Oh I'm regretting wearing shorts now." I whine.

"How did I notice that? Hmm..well its not like its neon and pink and sparkly enough to blind you if you looked at it for too long." He says humourously, sarcasm dripping from his words.

I groan mentally cursing myself for not wearing jeans.

"And If you have good legs you gotta show 'em off." He winks, as if he had read my mind.
I roll my eyes as the waiter places our plates on the table and serves coke in glasses.

I look at my well made, delicious smelling taco. I look up to see Zeke looking at me expectantly.
"Well? Try it I swear it'll be the best thing you've ever tasted." He says, picking up his own taco.

I lift my taco up and take a bite and moan in pleasure at how good it tastes. Just the right blend of all the flavours.

Zeke looks around and laughs. "If you keep making those noises, people are going to get the wrong idea Renesse." He smirks.

I laugh and smack his arm.
He isn't really that bad....