Chapter .5.

I veer the old car onto the bumpy road. Nobody's used this road in ages. The trees sway and add to the chilling effect of this place.

Maybe I should've brought my taser too.

I stop in the middle of the arch under the bridge. I grab my bag, sling it over my shoulder and get out.

Glancing around uneasily, I don't really see anyone. Maybe I've been set up.

Great. Just great.

I decide to wait a little longer. I'll give him another shot at this.

Then I hear leaves crunch behind me. I turn around in a flash, and a purple car rolls in. The windows are tinted so I can't see anything.

The car halts, and someone gets out of it.

My breath catches in my throat. My heart deflates.

It's not Aiden.

The man is tall and blonde, wearing glasses that hide his eyes. He walks towards me slowly.

"I believe Aiden told you to come here?" He asks, his voice deep, with a dangerous edge to it.

"And why should I care what you believe?" I ask defiantly. Stranger Danger.

He chuckles and takes off his glasses. "Well I do need to check if I got the right gal, now. Wouldn't want to take a random girl strolling out here."

"What do you mean take me? And it's not like there's a tourist attraction here for people to 'stroll' around. It smells like my granny's underwear in this place. I don't mean to be all diva, but couldn't the meeting area be a little cleaner?"

The man advances further towards me. "If you want to see Aiden, then come with me. He asked me to fetch you and it's not that bad here. You should smell my granny's underwear." He says, shuddering.

"I'm not dumb enough to fall for that you buttcrack. I don't even know you. How can you expect me to just bounce along with you?" I cringe at my childish insult as soon as I say it. I've been let down too much to have any trust left in people.

The man raises his eyebrows.
"Buttcrack? Oh nevermind. Are you coming or what? It's not like I have all day." He says, his tone getting impatient.

I hesitate, not knowing what to do. "No. If he wanted to see me, then why isn't he here? Is he too busy for an old friend that he had to send some blonde creep to get me? I have a life. And is he's too busy for me, well then excuse me while I return to it." I snap.

The man widens his eyes.
"Well, this blonde creep thinks that your sass is the size of the Pacific. I'll just tell Aiden you're a stubborn bitch."

"I am a stubborn bitch. But atleast I'm not too busy jerking off to come meet a friend." I say, fuming.

I give blondie one last look, spin around, get into my car and slam the door shut.

Fuck you Aiden.

I drive away from the bridge, leaving all hope of seeing my Aiden again. He would never send someone to fetch me. He would come himself.

I guess he's not my Aiden anymore.

Whatever. He's gone. You were doing fine before you got that godforsaken text. Forget it.