Chapter .29.

You know the feel of your blood rushing to every part of your body so fast that you can't hear anything but the echoing pulse of your heart?

Okay, that sounded too deep, lemme rephrase: you know when you're so fucking scared for someone that your mind goes into overdrive? I couldn't lose him again, not just after I found him.

I made Little Cunt fall on his face and the next thing I did was to run to Aiden, only to find..... him grinning at me? What the cucumbers?
"Sup?" He says, and winks, as if he was proud of himself for not dying.

You know what, I take all that sentimental shit back.

I scowl at him and turn my attention back to Little Cunt, who was scampering back to his car. I don't waste another moment. My legs leap toward him, but he is already too far away from me. My lungs burn as I push my body to go faster, but I see him get into the car and slam the door and I howl in agony. I was so close.

The car pulls out in a flash and speeds away from the site, not even leaving me the option of doing a cool car chase. I kick a rock near me only to whimper and jump around on one foot, clutching my aching toes. I look Down and curse the poodle-shaped piece of rock. Okay, maybe it wasn't poodle-shaped. Whatever. Give me a break.

Karma just has to always add that little thing that pushes you over the edge. What a bitch.

"Argh!" I kick the dumb rock again, and it goes and hits Aiden in the nose. Oops.

"Ow! Renesse what the fuck? I literally just escaped death and you pull this on me? Thanks. I can totally feel the love." He huffs.

I shrug. "Sorry."

He rolls his eyes and goes back to rubbing his sore nose.

"How do you not have a hole in your head right now? I was too busy kicking ass to ask you." I say and tap his forehead.

He swats my hand away. "I took the bullets out before I came out of my hiding place. I knew he'd easily take the gun from me, 'cuz I'm a noob at killing people as of now. "

"Oh. Yeah well, good. I'm not the kind of chick who'd rip off a piece of her brand-new top to bandage your wound. Just sayin'."

He stands up, seriousness taking over his features. "What about....the guy? He escaped."

"You can call him Little Cunt. He deserves it. And yeah, I have a plan."

He looks away for a moment and his hazel irises cloud over, looking stormy. They flick back up to meet mine. "He looked like me. He said he was me. H-he kissed you."

I put my arms around his neck and pull him close to my body. His hands wrap around my waist and he buries his face in my hair.

"I know." Is all I say.

"Who is he?" He says, his voice muffled by my hair.

"I don't know Aiden, I don't know."