Chapter .20.

I wake up the next day, feeling a pain in my joints as I rise. Must be the ass kicking session yesterday.

I now have two guns in my backpack. Without a license. I look up at the clock. I have about an hour and a half to get to work.

I get up and stretch my sore body. It was an advantage being so tall. I walk into the washroom, brush and shower quickly. I step out and put on a band t-shirt and some jeans.

As I dry my hair, my phone rings. Reaching over to the stand, I flip it over to see the caller i.d.

Ah. Mom. I pick up and cradle my phone against the crook of my neck and my shoulder.

"Hello? Amma?" I say as I run the towel through my hair.

"Did you eat breakfast yet?" Comes the blunt reply. Of course. My mom everyone.

I roll my eyes and smile. "Good morning to you too. No not yet, I'm going down now."

"It's nearly evening now, what were you doing till now you pagli?" My mom asks hysterically.

I sigh. "Ma. It's literally like 11:30 right now. Evening really? Calm down I'm not starving myself. Jeez."

I can almost hear her shake her head in disapproval. "Fine. Now go down and eat something. How is Kelly dear?" She asks.

"Oh she's good. How's dad doing?"

"Your dad is continuously whining about me taking his Xbox away. He's being a 60 year old brat, challenging the poor neighborhood kids to a game of Fortnite. If he keeps winning anymore, we'll be knee-deep in Ice cream sandwiches." She complains.

I laugh and shake my head. "Okay tell him I said hi and to save some of those sandwiches for me." I say, going down the stairs to find a waffle eating Kelly.

"Okay. Go and eat. Bye." She ends the call abruptly.

I slide my phone on the counter and sit down next to Kelly.

She looks up at me and smiles. "Was that Kareina? God I miss her cookies." She asks, stuffing a waffle in her face.

"Yeah my mum's got her hands full with dad's Xbox addiction." I chuckle and reach for my plate, chomping down on a waffle myself.

She laughs at my dad's shenanigans. "Oh, by the way, Amanda is coming over tonight for dinner. I'd really like it if you met her."

I grin widely. Amanda was Kelly's girlfriend and I've never seen someone make her happier. They were getting pretty serious now, and I was glad.

"I'd love to. I'll be home at around 7:40 ish, you guys can get started before. I have to stock up on our supplies for cereal, you forgot last time so I'll make a quick stop by the grocery store."

She smiles and nods, dumping her plate in the sink. Picking up her bag and keys, she waves to me as she gets into her car and drives away to work. I finish up breakfast and grab my backpack and keys and shut the door. I decide to take a bicycle to work today since I've got the time for it. Plus, the groceries won't be that heavy anyway.

I put on my helmet and hike up my backpack. I pedal through the lanes and roads, twisting through people's vehicles and swerve down the shop's street. Café Caffeine awaits. I walk in and hurriedly tie my apron around my waist. There's quite a few customers today.

I take a notepad and pen with me and start to wait tables. I swear, people make a simple drink like coffee seem like rocket science. Why so many options?

As breakfast rush dies down, I go into the kitchens to find Rico, our head chef, sucking the face off of his girlfriend. Not only is he fraternizing  in the kitchen, but they're doing all that sitting on the tables where we make the dough for cookies. Gross. I wouldn't want to eat snog cookies.