Chapter .22.

A-I-D-E-N

My stomach growls, almost as if on cue, exactly when I open my top shelf to look for something to eat.

Unfortunately, I don't find anything but a half-empty jar of Nutella. How satisfying. Not that I have a choice though, all I have at home is some cereal, stale milk and this jar.

I think about the offer Renesse gave me. It won't hurt to head over to a girl I have absolutely no clue about and stay at her place because I'm dying of hunger right?

What could possibly go wrong?

A lot of things actually, first off, she was cute. And Aiden didn't trust himself around cute chicks. This particular cute chick had a history with him so that's double danger.

He wouldn't be worried about getting physically hurt, but he'd seen the sleek, hard muscles of her arms and stomach. Plus she was freakishly tall for being a girl but he didn't mind because damn those legs are fiine.

Another little problem was that she probably had a boyfriend, she looked like a woman who would be the kind to draw attention, even unwillingly. Maybe the boyfriend as a roommate? If that was the case then Aiden didn't think he'd have much time awkwardly third-wheeling them.

Considering all this, staying home would be the best option, but living off of Nutella and Cheerios for atleast a few weeks didn't sound like fun.

He'd applied for a few jobs, and they were all taking their time to decide the interview dates. He decided to be an accountant at a small upstarting music store, which he was pretty sure he'd get because he seemed to have all the basic qualifications.

He'd found proof that he finished college because he found an old diploma lying somewhere with his name on it so meh.

He still did feel worried about the anonymous text Renesse had received though, because it sounded dangerous.

Well, it was decided then. He was going to go.

He decided to check with Renesse first, because he didn't want to show up with everything packed and then find out she moved to Siberia.

He took out the old beat up cellphone and dialled her number.

She lifted after a few rings and her velvety voice flowed into his ears.

Actually, no. The connection was horrible and she sounded like she was in the middle of traffic because there were horns blaring in the background. Nice.

"Hey, it's Aiden, the dude who has the freaky memory-loss who you gave your number to the other day?" I say like an idiot.

"Yeah Aiden, I remember. You finally get tired of living off cereal?" She says flatly.

"How did you kn- Yeah I did actually, do you mind if I come over? You can tell me whenever you're fine with it." I say, shuffling around.

"It's okay if you come over now. I'll be home in about ten minutes and you're really low on food so, hurry."

"Yeah, thanks Renesse, I owe you for this."

"It's okay. See you later."

The line goes dead.

Then something hits my dumbass.

I dial her number again.

"Uh, hey Renesse, Aiden again. I, um, never found out where you lived?"