Chapter .8.

I laugh and smack his arm.
He isn't really that bad.....

After we were done with our delicious tacos, we decided to go on a walk in the Central park.

He drives to the park which is a short distance away from the Taco place. After we reach, I get out of the car and look at the park in the dim evening light.

"Pretty huh?" Zeke says, getting out and scanning the landscape.

"Duh Zeke." I reply in deadpan, noticing there were not many people here though.

He chuckles at my reply takes my hand in his smooth, large palm and we walk further into the park.

I find a set of swings and and drag Zeke there excitedly. It had been so long. Then I suddenly had an unwanted memory pop up in my head.

Aiden used to swing me whenever we went to the park and I wanted to sit on the swings. I was wayy too short and my legs couldn't reach the ground and so he used to gently swing me, hands on my lower back.

Zeke's voice snaps me from my daze.
"Hey, you okay? You seem a little sad." He says, worried.

"Huh? No no I'm fine. Just....memories." I say, shaking my head.

He nods understandingly and gestures for me to sit down. I oblige and he slowly starts to swing me, back and forth his hand on the small of my back.

Wisps of my hair blow across my face as I swing. The silence is comfortable, it's like he knows that it wasn't a good memory and he doesn't pry. I hear him sigh deeply and turn back.

"Am I really that heavy?" I tease.

He scoffs."Pssh, no I was just thinking we're at the park and we haven't had Ice cream yet. What the hell?"

I smile brightly and get off.
"Ice cream it is then. Come on!" I say hopping to the nearest cart and picking a flavour. Caramel of course.
I turn to him."What flavour pretty boy? Don't say vanilla or you will taste my shoe." I threaten.

"I'll have a Butterscotch please, and Nesse I'm no basic vanilla bitch thank you very much." He nods to me.

We pay the cart owner and stroll off, licking our Ice creams. Zeke makes a face as he takes a lick. "This has to have like a pound of sugar in it. I'm going to wake up with diabetes tomorrow I swear."

"It can't have that much sugar you're just a drama queen." I say, bending over to take a lick of his butterscotch.

I grimace, knowing that he was right. That thing was sweeter than Kelly when she needed a favour.

"Eeek alright that sucks. You can share mine." I say, offering him my cone.

He walks over to a sleeping dog bends down,and places the ice cream next to it.

Awwww and damn,what a nice ass.

He walks back to me and takes a huge lick of of my ice cream."Woah woah buddy. Share. You ain't Sven. Or are you?"

He scowls. "Did you just compare me to the reindeer in 'Frozen'? I have higher standards than that! Maybe Zac Efron would be nice..." He trails off.

"What? Sven is adorable! You should be lucky I compared you to him!" I say, flicking him.

We keep walking and talking about random things and joking around. I could get used to that laugh.

He takes the wrapper of the ice cream from me and says he'll throw it and be right back.

I look around, noticing it's already gotten pretty dark when I see a tall, lean guy with smooth dark hair walking my way, but not looking at me, his eyes on the pathway.

When he looks up, my breath catches in my throat.

Aiden.

I could recognise those beautiful  eyes anywhere. He seemed to have grown taller and developed more lean muscle. His eyes, which before had been soft and brown and full of life, were now much much emptier and lighter, a hazel colour.

I hear Zeke's voice from behind me."Sorry that took so long, the nearest trashcan was somewhere in Siberia." He laughs.

Then he looks at my face."You look a little pale...is there a rabid squirrel around here?"

"N-no I.......just.." I look back at Aiden. His eyes suddenly connect with mine and the whole world stops spinning.

Then he looks away like he didn't even know who I was. I was devastated. Did he not recognise me?

Then I turn to Zeke, who was looking puzzled.What I did next I did without even thinking.

I cup my hands around Zeke's face and press my lips to his.