CHAPTER 23 - I'm coming back for you

Mulai dari awal

"How are we going to do all of this?" She asks.

"I'll find a way." I let out a breath, "I have my ways."

We snap out of our trances to the sound of a small voice.

"Mommy! Mommy!"

My neck snap around to see a gorgeous, mixed, small girl running breathless towards us. She has on a uniform and a bag pack on her back. Mom stoops down and receives her with open arms and lifts her little body off the ground.

"Hi pudding, how was school?" Mom asks with a grin as she fixes her hair. The hope the child brings her is crystal clear.

"School was fun!" She beams and claps as mom and I laugh, finding her cuteness entirely amusing.

"Pumpkin, this is Amy, your little sister." She tells me and I gasp.

"That's her?" I coo. She's so beautiful.

"Yes." Mom's grin reaches to her ears. I love to see her smile.

"Amy, baby? this is your sister."

I receive Amy from mom's hands and she comes to me happily, no hesitation. I hold her to my side and she starts to play in my hair immediately, I chuckle.

"You're pwetty." She tells me and I laugh. Her small voice is so cute and soothing to listen to.

"You're even prettier, Amy." I tap her nose with my index finger.

"What's your name?"

"My name is Jada." I say with a smile, tilting my head as I wiggle her cheek.

"That's a pwetty name!" She beams which earns another laugh from mom and I. "I have a big sister now!" She slaps her tiny palms together.

Amy is so beautiful.

Shortly after, a mixed woman walks up to us wearing jeans paired with a crotchet sweater top with flat shoes.

"There you are, let's go get you a snack sweetie!" She beams and takes Amy.

After taking Amy, she looks at both of us and smile.

"Pumpkin, I want you to meet your aunt, Cassandra." Mom extends an arm to her. She instantly seems shocked and confused when she awkwardly shakes my hand.

"My niece? You mean..?" she trails off.

"Yes." Mom smiles as my eyes dart between them both, smiling sheepishly.

"Oh dear God." Cassandra says softly in shock. She palms my cheeks, staring at me then a smile escapes her face before she hugs me.

"Call me.. aunt Cass."

"I'm Jada."

"Where's the other two?" She asks mom, glancing around us in search.

"It's only her for now. She found me, Cass. I don't know how she did it but she found me. I just wish I was the one to find her." Mom frowns.

"Mom.." I take her hand.

"Well, count me in. I can't wait for us to find her other two sisters." Cass places a hand on my shoulder, she looks at me and smiles.

"You remember when Rebecca was pregnant when I was? Same time around the election? Would you believe Jada and her daughter are roommates at college now?" Mom tells Cass.

"Oh my God, her sister!" She gapes and my mom nods.

"She knows?" I ask mom.

"She knows everything, pumpkin." She tells me, running her fingers through my curls.

They both look alike. Me, mom, Cass and Amy, we all look alike. If it's one thing we all have in common, it's our curls. Speaking of curls, while my mom's hair catches her mid back with kinkier curls, my hair is really long with slightly looser curls, my father being white is the perfect explanation for that, I'm the combination of both, I even resemble him a little too.

"This is all just fate. Everything is going to turn out just fine." Cass assures us, holding my hand and I hold my mom's. "After so many years, look at you." She adds as she admires me in proud amusement.

My watch beeps and I steal a glimpse at the time. I need to leave now to catch my flight back home.

"I'm sorry to say.. but I have to go now." I notify Cameron.

"Do you really have to go, pumpkin?" She frowns.

"Yes, my.. my parents are probably going to get worried." I say and mom looks down and I lift her chin back up.

"I will come back for you." I assure her and she smiles once more. The most beautiful thing I've seen in a while.

"I have something to give you." She takes my hand, tugging me into the house. Cass lowers Amy to the ground, holding her hand and follow. Mom heads in her room and pulls out a drawer and shortly after she passes me a very small crotchet blanket. "I made it myself.. it was yours as a baby. I used to rock you guys in it."

I glaze my finger over it then hugging it against my chest, letting my skin embracing the warmth.

"Take this too." She adds, handing me the photo of the three of us in her arms in the hospital. I nod, putting the blanket in my bag then placing the photo in a small wallet purse thing that Charlotte got me.

Stooping down in front of Amy with a smile, gazing at her, she grins and palms her own cheeks.

How is she so sweet?

"Big sister is going home, but I'm coming back for you, okay pudding?" I say to her.

"Okay, big sister." She replies prior to hugging me around my neck.

My heart melts instantly as I wrap my arms around her little body. I hug my mom and aunt Cass then take my trench off the door and put it back on. I take my bag up as they follow me outside.

When I'm comfortably settled in my car, I take one last glance at my mom through my window that's winded up.

'I love you.' She mouths. 'I love you too.' I mouth back.

And even though I drive away with a smile, a single tear travels down from one eye.

***

I'm not crying..
Remember to vote!