Chapter 50

Khloe's POV

You people really underestimate me, huh? Is it because of the label? Because I'm just a mere servant that only know how to obey orders?

The moment you refused to answer my simple question, the moment I started to suspect that something bad is about to happen to Sir Isaac. A sudden visit to the royal palace is very out of master's character unless he meets a dead end.

I don't need a hundred IQ points to speculate things and unravel their obvious plan. Sir Isaac is coming back from his short business trip in a day and the head of the royal family will be the first to welcome him for sure.

I cannot sit here and watch trouble slowly devour him. Crystal, I know you're desperately doing whatever it takes to protect your master but it is also my duty to secure Sir Isaac's well being. We're just fulfilling our roles here but I doubt you'd understand my fidelity toward Sir Isaac.

Flashbacks

I was once an orphan kid just like every other worker under the Howlton bloodline except I wasn't just abandoned. There's so much more to my past that took away my will to live or ever feel any sort of emotion again.

My mother passed away not too long after she gave birth to me. I never even get to see her face and will never know what it's like to have a mother figure but instead of showing empathy, I was seen as a cursed child that brought misfortune into the family.

One by one, they all disowned me and my father to distance themselves from bad omen. We had no one left but each other.

How can she live on knowing she killed her own mother?

You should have convinced your wife to abort the baby when the priest told you to. God is always right. You foolish fool!

That child will slowly kill you too if you don't do anything about it

Those were the kind of words that came out of my relative's mouth. How do you know what's good for us? You monsters turned my own father against me.

My father fell into severe depression as I grew up. Maybe he's been depressed but I was too young to notice. After all, I never felt the fatherly love from him. He would drink, bottles after bottles as if they were a three course meal.

I was a victim of abuse by my father's very hands. I never went to school, never had friends, never been a proper member of society. The things I should've experienced as any ordinary kid, I never got a taste of it.

I hated my deceased mother. Why give birth to me if you can't even be here to take care of me? WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST WRAP YOUR SWEET LITTLE FINGERS AROUND MY NECK AND STRANGLE ME TO DEATH? It sounds so much more tempting than living in hell.

After child service found out my father has been abusing alcohol intake and performing violence on me, he was taken into custody and I got thrown into an unknown place, an orphanage far far away from my home.

That was when I met my savior. No, he isn't just my savior, he is my god. Out of all the miserable kids inside the orphanage, he chose to take me under his wings.

He was nothing like the people I grew up with. He was like an angel descended from heaven. He lights up my world and for the first time in my life, I feel loved, I feel worthy. Oddly enough, I even began to thank my mother for giving birth to me because without that, I wouldn't be able to meet Sir Isaac.

End of flashbacks

Playing Victor's pet is such a pain. It's so exciting to rebel. This is why I won't let you win that easily, Crystal. I'm not scared of death if it means I could spare him an extra life to live.