Chapter 49

The royal garden, 10:07AM

"What took you guys so long!? I thought you only went in to expose uncle not solving world problems with king's mother!" Chace whined and walked up to us.

"She wanted me to stay a little longer so she can catch up with her favorite grandson." Victor quickly replied, his voice remained calm and bold which made the burn even more impactful although it was just a lie made up on the spot.

"Right.....you went in with a neat looking costume and came out with messy hair, loose necktie and crooked zipper. Seems to me you both had a little fu-"

"Say another word and you'll catch these hands." Victor threatened, glaring intensely at Chace. I know it's normal that they get into small fights but since this time it involves me, I feel so embarrassed.

After taking another long look at Victor, he does look less neat as if he was doing something in a rush. Then what about me? Do I look busted too? I knew it was a bad idea to go along with Victor!

"Just look at Crystal's reaction! So damn obvious...." Chace scoffed, crossing his arms together. I'm sorry but I can't really control it when my face changes color to suit my emotion.

Justin clicked his tongue, closing his eyes, annoyed, "You both are so childish...." He mumbled, slowly massaging his temple looking stressed. Chace and Victor finally stopped glaring at each other and looked away, a little embarrassed.

"So how did it go?" Justin asked, breaking the guilty silence.

Victor eyed him, looking flustered, "How did what go?"

Justin furrowed, leaving his lips hanging in disbelief, "The discussion! How did it go!? What were you thinking? I don't care about your private life...." He turned away, looking even more pissed. Is Victor okay? Or is he still thinking about our secret back in the throne room? Hehe, that's kinda cute.

"O-Oh...." Victor cleared his throat, "It went smoothly. She said she will take care of it. It's not our business to deal with anymore." He added.

Justin arched his eyebrows in surprised, "That's it?"

Chace nodded along, his expression wasn't far different from Justin either, "Yeah, she didn't even tell you how she plan on doing that?"

Victor let out a big sigh, "Look, there's nothing grandmother cannot do. If she puts her mind to something, it will go according to that. Our business is done here. Shall we head back to our respectable home?" He asked, eyeing everyone lazily.

"I will go prepare a car for you right away, master." I replied. It's so strange calling him by that now. It's like we're back at square one but in a different scenario.

Victor turned to me and smiled gently, "Thank you princess." He said in a soft tone, patting the top of my head. W-What is this all of a sudden!? Didn't we agree not to do this kind of thing in public? My heart is going crazy again!

I don't know much about this king's mother but if Victor really put all his trust into her, I should stop overthinking and worry too much. She does seem like the type of old woman that act all nice and conservative until you wrong her in some way. Just thinking about it gave me the chills.

"Already!? But we have yet to explore the other facilities here!" Chace insisted, pointing to the other buildings around us.

"We grew up here. What's there to explore?" Victor asked, slightly lowering his eyelids, annoyed.

"This is Justin's first time here, right? Let's walk around some more for your little brother's sake!" Chace begged, sounding desperate to not go back home. I don't know why he wanted to stay so bad but I found the royal palace really intimidating. (he wants to stay because the male servants are good-looking)