Chapter 15

My heart won't stop pounding as I ran through the never ending corridor. I desperately wanted to brush that strange sensation off. I closed my eyes at some point and unfortunately ran into another person who was passing by.

We both fell to the floor. Once I got a hold of what just happened, I felt the immediate need to apologize. The person that I bumped into was Khloe. I was a little bit surprised to see her at the mansion today because she often disappears whenever she want.

As she got up, I noticed a small camera lying on the floor beside her. I reached my hand out to pick it up for her but she quickly grabbed the straps and pulled it across the floor until it reached her.

"I'm sorry! Are you okay?" I asked, trying to get rid of the awkward air.

"I'm fine" She got up, brushing the dust off of her skirt.

"Your camera....if it's broken I'll-"

"I said I'm fine!" She raised her voice but later realized she was overreacting so her expression soften.

"Excuse me" She turned around and walked away.

Not to be that person but what's so important in the camera that I can't even touch it. It's not like I'm going to turn it on and start browsing through her gallery once I lay my fingers on it. To be honest, that made me even more upset.

Victor's office, 9:01AM

Victor's POV

Even though I was pretty annoyed at my cousin, I still let him in anyway. I was pretty sure I knew what he came here for. Around this time of the year, he always visit and cause trouble at my mansion, inviting everyone to his place.

Chace looked around the office as I held the door opened for him. He whistled faintly as he saw my diamond name plate. He picked it up and rotated it around. My anxiety rose up so I stopped him before he accidentally drop it.

"Stop messing around. Say what you came here to say" I loosen my grip on his arm and sat down.

Chace grinned and seated himself, crossing his legs "Your temper has gotten worse. Are you stress about something? Love conflict?" He teased in a playful voice, leaning forward.

"No, it's just your face" I quickly declined.

"Ouch! What are you roasting me for?" He clenched his chest, pretending to be hurt.

"Do you wanna sit here alone? I have work to do" I sighed, rubbing my temple.

"As long as your secretary's here accompanying me" He shrugged.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're really into dicks" I got up from the sofa as if I was done with his shit.

"Wait! Wait! I'm here to invite you to my birthday party!" He grabbed me by my arm with a nervous laugh. I stared at him, annoyed but agreed to sit down. He handed me two silver invitation letters.

"Why are you giving me two of these?" I flipped them around.

"For your secretary" He winked.

I scoffed "There's no way I'm giving her this" I muttered and threw one on the table.

"Whatever floats your boat. You still need a date though" He leaned back on the sofa.

"Shut up. Is my brother going to be there?" I asked.

"Most likely yes. I did invite him" He replied.

"I suddenly don't wanna go" I threw another one onto the table.

"Whaaat? You can't do that! Just ignore him like every other years!" Chace panicked.

"Yeah yeah whatever" I shooed him away.