Chapter 32

Once I managed to get up from Justin's lap, there were a few knocks on the door, startling both of us who just finished doing something that shouldn't have happened.

I adjusted my skirt and blazer, giving a few glances at Justin. His playful smirk remained on his face, once he caught my glance, he eyed the door and shrugged as if he had no problem letting the person in.

"Come on in." I raised my tone so the person on the other side could hear. It was Khloe. Has she been standing outside this whole time? No! That can't be! Now I'm just being paranoid.

She let herself in and softly closed the door behind her. She approached us and bowed as she got close. "I apologize for interrupting your discussion with Mr. Justin but Mr. president sent me to request for everybody who don't reside in this mansion to leave for today." She spoke.

"An early leave?" I furrowed. "May I know the reason why?" I asked in a polite manner.

"I do not know the reason but this is a tradition that must be followed through each month. Please understand, miss." She bowed once again.

This sounded really fishy. What kind of important discussion are they possibly having that required an entire day to finish? The inspection at Howlton High took only three to four hours to finish then what's so critical about the mansion inspection considering the place is smaller than the high school? No matter how I think about it, I can't seem to wrap my head around it at all. Is it really okay to leave Victor here all alone with that creepy old man? But in the end, I have no choice but to obey right?

I eyed Justin, asking him what we should do since we haven't had the conversation yet. Not like I wanted to sit down and talk face to face with him but I figured he might stop bothering me if he knows all the truth.

"We understand. You can get back to your job now. Ms. Bradley, let's take the conversation somewhere else." He turned to me and flashed a business smile. He's just as good at faking multiple personality as his step brother. "How about a coffee shop?" He pondered, eyes shifted to the ceiling. "You know.....the old place...." He rolled his eyes to mine again, flashing a mocking smirk. Is he talking about the place I ended our relationship?

I bit my bottom lip, fed up with his attitude. "Alright, I'll meet you there. Drive safely, Mr. Justin." I played along with the formal talk. I got up from my seat, picked up my purse from my desk and walked out the door.

Khloe waited until the both of us got out of the office. She must be feeling confused or even suspicious of the way we talk. The passive aggressiveness was transparent ever since she took a step in. Or maybe she doesn't give a single fuck because she never look like the type of person to butt into other people's lives. Anybody can tell by that still face of hers.

KOI, 8:42AM

"Welcome to KOI cafe!" Said the barista at the counter in an overly friendly tone. I gave her a soft smile and went to find a seat at the back of the cafe. Maybe we should sit at the same table as last time. He's the one demanding to come here after all. If he thinks I'm going to be bothered by this, he's absolutely wrong.

I got to the back and plopped down on the familiar empty seats. I eyed Justin, expected to see his priceless reaction but didn't get anything. His expression remained blank, almost kind of cocky. My heart dropped in disappointment a little bit.

"Order whatever you want. My treat." Said Justin as he waved for the waitress to come take our order.

I really didn't feel like drinking anything. I just want to get this over with. But since it's Justin paying, part of me wanted to order the most expensive drink on the menu.