Chapter 3

"Ahh not again! Aunt! There's a paparazzi in here! How many time have I told you to upgrade the fucked up security system of this goddamn mansion!?" The young man shouted in frustration, messing with his perfectly gelled hair.

W-What is he talking about? I'm a worker here! How dare him accusing me of breaking into this spooky place!

"W-Wait! You're misunderstanding!" I shook my head and flailed my arms around not knowing how to deal with his grumpiness.

"Allan is not here. Looks like I have to get rid of you myself" He rubbed his hand together and dashed towards me like a tiger hunting down its prey.

I don't know about you but since talking didn't seem to work, my only option was to run! I took off my heels, holding it tight to my chest and ran for the exit that Khloe told me before. Now it feels like the exhausting two hours tour finally paid off.

"Next time when you fucked up, own up to your mistake and learn. I'll make you pay for wasting my energy which could have been spent on something worthy" The pace of his heavy footsteps grew faster making my heart race in the same rhythm. Is this really the end of me? because of some dumb misunderstanding!?

The young man caught up and grabbed me by my left hand, pulling me right into his arms. My heels fell onto the floor making a loud bang. He then, locked his right arm across my neck while his left arm gripping my stomach tightly. I'm neither a police nor a criminal but WHO CAPTURE A DANGEROUS CRIMINAL LIKE THIS?

"Gotcha!" He whispered into my ears making me flinch.

"Now confess. I'll consider not handing you to the police" He furrowed.

"This is a false accusation! I'm not a paparazzi!" I struggled but it only made his grip grew tighter.

"I'm not buying it. Nice try, though" He furrowed harder. So fucking annoying! I hope to god he doesn't show up in this mansion too often. I can't stand his face.

"Let's talk it out, okay? It hurts!" I tried to pull his arms away but it was obviously pointless.

"Like hell I'm falling for that!" He gritted his teeth.

I groaned in pain. If I want to survive I have to play dirty. This guy doesn't seem like the reasonable type. He's probably one of those wealthy brat that does whatever he pleases.

"You're going to regret this!" I opened my mouth as wide as I can and dug my teeth into his skin.

The young man grunted in pain and as expected, letting go of me by shaking the pain in his arm away. Did I go too far? I think I can see blood leaking out. I took this chance to escape. I don't think he'll give up easily.

"Fuck! Don't underestima-"

"What in the world is going on in here!?" I glanced behind my shoulder and saw Ms. Merril making her way toward us. I stopped running, I had so many thing to tell her but nothing came out except loud and heavy panting.

"Aunt! Help me catch this burglar" He bit his lip, rolling up his sleeves.

"Victor, stop it! She is not a burglar" Ms. Merril hurriedly took his hand and gave him an annoyed look.

"You're fucking kidding me" He dropped his face into his palms. I smirked with satisfaction. Serves you right. Justice always win.

"Ms. Bradley, I apologize for his behavior on his behalf. He's not good at controlling himself. I'm afraid you have to leave for today. You can properly start working tomorrow. Victor, come with me" She flashed an apologetic smile before aggressively dragged the young man out of my sight. I nodded and bowed as a goodbye.