Chapter 37

Justin's POV

I have to admit that whole meeting put me into a seriously bad mood. I was supposed to stop by the headquarter to get some documents from the office but ended up cancelling every last one of them. How could I work in that mentally wounded state?

I came straight back to father's mansion and has been balling up in my bedroom since. Never thought staring into a blank wall for hours could be this interesting. I better get up and change. I couldn't be bothered to change out of the suit right away because I was so hurt from her words.

Crystal.....I ended the conversation by wishing her well but obviously that was just dry meaningless wish. Wishing the person I still love to be well, there's nothing wrong with that but to be well with my step brother? I'm not emotionally prepared for such thing. And to top that off, I even told her that I don't ever want to meet her again. Is that even possible? You can't run away from the very thing you try to avoid after all.

I sighed, unbuttoning my shirt one by one. I threw the shirt into the laundry basket and took a clean pair of pajamas from the closet. All the pajamas I own are stripes. The only difference between them is the color. (Not the type of guy who's into cute pajamas)

I entered the bathroom and took a brisk shower, hoping to wash all my stresses away. To my disappointment, it didn't work but at least I felt much more refreshed than before. I patted my body dry and put my pajamas on, throwing the towel around my neck. Then I walked to the sink and began brushing my teeth.

That's when I heard a ruckus coming from the corridor. That must be father. I almost forgot he had some business to take care of with Victor. What could be so important to discuss for him to stay so late? He never liked that place anyway. Father and I are no different. Does he do this every month? I've never been interested in their affair.

I hurriedly finished brushing my teeth and went out the door to welcome father back home. It's not necessary but I do it anyway to raise the affection meter. Father chose me as his favorite. I cannot afford to disappoint him.

By the time I got out, there was no sign of him anywhere. That was unexpectedly fast. I guess I'll sit down in the living room reading a book or something while waiting for him. I can't go to sleep without giving him a proper goodnight.

Almost an hour went by but there was still no sign of him. I was about to doze off on the living room's sofa. Should I go to his room and check? Is it too weird? I got up, about to head to his bedroom until I noticed him climbing up the stairs from the underground room. He was in there this entire time? He seems to like spending time in that room after each inspection. I was never allowed to go inside.

I walked up to him with a warm smile. "Welcome back, father." I greeted with a slight bow.

He returned the smile. "Did you wait for me all night just to say that?" He chuckled, patting my head like he always does. Every time he does this, I feel so much more powerful than Victor. I feel like I could crush him.

"It would be rude of me to be fast asleep before you, wouldn't it?" I laughed.

"You'll need all the sleep you can get to grow into a proper young man." He patted my shoulder. "Anyway, I'll leave this mansion and my business in your hand for three days. I'm leaving tonight. Make sure nobody causes trouble while I'm gone." He added.

"May I ask who are you meeting so suddenly? You just arrived and hasn't gotten to rest properly yet. I can represent for you if you'd like, father." I asked with concerned eyes.

"It's that difficult business owner, Mr. Kwan. He's proposing too many requirements before agreeing to become our sponsor. I don't think he'd be happy if I send someone else to represent me. I've entrusted my all with you. Make me proud. Have a wonderful sleep, Justin." He lightly tapped my shoulder again and walked pass me toward his bedroom.