Chapter 40

Crystal's POV

The heat from the sun ray brushed against my skin, waking me up from my slumber. I squinted my eyes and let them adjust to the lighting of the room before fully opening them. Is this deja vu? Why do I keep waking up to weird bedroom ceilings I've never seen before? I remember sleeping in Justin's car on the way back to the Howlton mansion. Wait....then this is the Howlton mansion!

I shot up from the bed, sitting upright. Does that mean somebody carried me inside? That idiot Justin.....he could've just woken me up. What's wrong with me? I didn't even realize I was being carried. How can I fall into another deep sleep having just waking up from the same one?

I cursed at myself and looked to my right to see Victor resting his head peacefully on the bed. V-Victor? Why is he here!? Is this his room? It definitely fit his style. Grey wallpaper, plain white furniture and very well organized. There's not a single wrinkle on the bedsheets or the blanket! Don't tell me he's the one that had to carry me in here too.

But what is he doing falling asleep in such an uncomfortable position? Sleeping in a sitting position will hurt his back for sure the next day. Is he that worried for me or he's waiting for his turn on the bed? I hope it's not the former. It's also very unlike him to fall asleep throughout the day. This guy's energy is almost limitless. He can work all day without a brink of shut-eye.

I rested my chin on my palms, admiring his beauty with an uncontrollable smile on my face. I'm so glad I get to wake up again to see this handsome face. I wonder what it would be like to wake up to this face every morning. I guess I didn't thank Justin enough for saving me from that evil old fart.

I've always known Victor has a nice hair but I never realized how fluffy they are up until now. I guess it's because he always try to tame it with hair gel because he has to look professional to get in the work zone. He looks so much nicer with casual hair. Ahh, I really want to touch it. Can I touch it? Just a little bit....

Without much thought, I reached my hand out and patted his head. Woah, it's really soft. What shampoo does he use? It gives off a nice flowery scent too! I got greedy and ran my fingers through his hair, getting addicted to the sensation. I feel like my fingers are being cleansed. I giggled happily.

Victor picked his head up sleepily, looking straight at me while blinking cluelessly. I got startled and immediately retreated my hand back, pretending like I wasn't doing anything to him. I woke him up because I was messing with his hair! I-Is he gonna get mad?

I cleared my throat. "I-I wasn't playing with your hair or anything-"

His eyes widened like he finally realized something. "Crystal!? Are you alright!?" He cut me off, quickly cupping my cheeks with both of his hands. His face showed a deep concern and his voice sounded like he was panicking.

My cheeks began to turn red because of the cheek cupping and him scanning my face with his deep blue orbs. His hair was still a tiny bit messy from all the stroking caused by me. The area around his eyes were darker than usual like he didn't get enough sleep. Basically, he looked like a tired puppy. S-So cute! Just the thought made me blush even more.

"I-I'm alright...." I avoided his eyes, my heart beating faster than ever. Every time I look at his face, it reminds me of how much I am in love. It's such an obvious unrequited love, how can he be so slow to notice my feelings? Do I have to spell it out for him?

"Also, the injured part is my legs not my face..." I added, still glancing away from his direction.

"A medical professional came and took care of your legs. I was just checking to see if any harm had been done to your face." He replied. "But looks like I was worried for nothing." He continued, letting go of my face and patted my head.