Chapter 14

The Howlton mansion, 8:12AM

I've been helping the other workers in the mansion all day just so I could distract myself from the horrible event that happened to me last night. I still can't believe I have to go through this horrifying experience. It's people like this that give me trust issues. I can never look at rich, handsome men the same way.

After he whispered that disgusting sentence into my ears, a cold sensation ran down my back and spread throughout my entire body. All I could do at that moment was opening my eyes widely due to shock.

It didn't take long for him to make another move and tried to kiss me on the lips. Luckily, I snapped myself back and punched his good for nothing face with all I got. He stepped back, groaning in pain and gave me space to escape so I ran for my life.

When I made it home, I lied to my parents that we peacefully resolved everything. They bought it and agreed to go back to their home. I'm sure that guy will keep it to himself too if he has some dignity left. People would just think he's pathetic if they know our story.

As I made my way down the giant corridor, I spotted Sam but he was not alone. It looked like he was having an uncomfortable chit chat with another man that I've never seen before. Is he a guest or is he a new worker that Mrs. Merril hired?

I sneakily made my way to hide behind a life size sculpture and eavesdropped their conversation. I really wanted to barge in and save Sam but I wasn't sure what kind of conversation they were having and if Sam really need help or not. I'm going to end up embarrassing myself if I butt in without knowing what's going on.

"So are you coming? It's going to be fun! Be my date" Said the mysterious man.

Sam hesitated "I'm sorry sir, I can't go with you" He avoided making eyes contact.

"Whyyy?" He whined. "I'll treat you like a prince" He got closer and played with Sam's fluffy raven black hair.

"I'm not into men. Please let me go" Sam begged, pushing the man's hand away.

The man chuckled "You're so cute even your rejection made my heart flutter!"

H-He's definitely a masochist! I see so he's not a newly hired worker but probably Victor's guest since Sam called him sir. But why is he not going inside? Why is he out here hitting on an innocent and defenseless boy. No worries! Crystal is here to save the day!

I inhaled deeply and let out a long exhale before stepping out there, making loud heel tapping sound. Sam noticed my presence so he took a few steps back from the man. That man seemed to notice as well so he turned around but I pretended not to care and directly walked to Sam, keeping my eyes on him and him only.

"Sam! I was looking for you all morning!" I spoke to him in a friendly manner.

Sam nervously laughed because he didn't know what to do. I didn't exactly plan on how to rescue him either so I just brought up the drunk topic and apologized to him on the spot.

"I'm so sorry about last time! I made you drove me all the way home and carried me all the way inside. I'm so irresponsible! I promise I won't be a burden anymore! Please forgive me!" I pouted, taking his hands and held them to my chest.

"I-It's fine. Don't worry about it" He said, looking uneasy.

"Really? You're the nicest person I've ever met!" I pretended to cry and spread my arms, trying to embrace him. He stepped back but it was too late, I had already wrapped my arms around him.

"Quit it, Ms. Bradley. Mr. Chace is gone" Sam said in an annoyed tone and pushed me away with his surprisingly powerful strength.

"His name is Chace? What business does he have here?" I asked, readjusting my uniform.