Chapter 30

"Ughh...." I groaned as the sound of my ringtone went off. Even though, I was still half asleep, I can still identify that it definitely wasn't the sound of my alarm. Who's calling me at this time of the morning!? Disturbed my peaceful sleep and everything.

I opened my eyes to the complete darkness of my room. The sun hasn't even risen yet, this is annoying. It better not be a wrong number. I glanced at my phone on the nightstand and saw the caller ID.

"Rosa?" I furrowed as I read the name. Now why in the world would she call me, not to mention, this early in the morning!? It better be work related matter.

I picked up the phone after a big sigh. "Hello." I spoke into the phone in the grumpiest voice.

"I apologize for interrupting your beauty sleep but I just got a call from Allan as well saying we both must get ready in twenty minutes." Said Rosa, panting as if she just came back from a ten minutes jog.

"Get ready? You mean in our uniform? For what?" I asked, completely wide awake at this point.

"I don't know either. That was all he said before hanging up. Oh and he also said he'll come pick us up so get dressed and wait there." She responded. I can here loud background noises through the phone. She must be making a ruckus because she's in a hurry.

"Okay, I get it. You can hang up now." I replied, about to put my phone down.

"Ahh can you do it? My hands are full at the moment." She asked.

I sighed hopelessly and just hung up without saying anything further. Part of me want to lay in bed for another five minutes but I know that it won't be five minutes when I wake up. It happened way too many times back when I was a student and I will not repeat the same mistake.

As Rosa instructed, I crawled out of bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I didn't even make my bed because I didn't want to waste any time. Once I finished, I hopped out of the shower and went straight to my closet and changed into the same old secretary uniform that was tailored by the top fashion brand in the whole country. Every inches fit me like cinderella's shoes.

After that, it was time to do my makeup. Since I was in a hurry, I only put on concealer, filled in my eyebrows, put on some pastel pink blushes, golden highlighter and dark red lips tint. I was having a semi bad hair day so I threw my hair into a neat bun, leaving some strands of hair at the sides down to frame my face.

Once I was done, I took out my purse that I usually wear to work from the shelf in the closet and stuffed the stuff I needed for the day in. I literally did this with my eyes closed because I was so sleepy. I looked at myself in the mirror and spun around multiple time before going downstairs to wait for Allan.

While I was waiting, I can't stop thinking about what could be so important that Allan feel the need to come pick us up to work at four in the morning. What if we're not going to work? Are they throwing a surprise party for Victor or something?

As I was lost in deep thoughts, a car beeped at my door. I assumed it must be Allan so I went out the door and it really was him. I entered the backseat of the car and sat next to Rosa. She looked drowsy as well. Allan was the only one in the car looking tense and completely awake. Is it because he knows where we are going?

"Sooo what's with the way too early wake up call? Are we going somewhere?" I broke the silence.

"Yeah Allan...." Rosa added as she yawned.

"Thought you already guessed it." He answered. Guessed? Is it something I'm supposed to know about? "We're going to the airport to pick up the president." He added after a little pause.