Chapter 16

"Do me a favor and stop moving" Said Joy, applying lipstick on my lips.

"I can't help it! I'm nervous!" I whined, clasping my hands together.

"You seem excited an hour ago" She dissed.

"You talk too much. Are you done yet?" I groaned.

"Just wait......." Joy whispered, spraying a bottle of liquid on my face. "Annnd we're done! you can go appreciate yourself in the mirror for at least ten minutes now" Joy put all her makeup products into a bag.

"Oooh you got some skills" I said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"I already know that. Here's your heels. I think your date is at the door" Joy handed me a shoes box and headed to the door.

"You don't have to check! I'm coming!" I shouted and quickly put my heels on.

"Enjoy your night sis. Don't come home wasted like that day again okay? You're heavy" Joy complained.

"I get it! Just go inside and watch the house!" I shooed her away and went out the door.

As I approached Victor's car, my heart started to pound like crazy. My heart has been acting strange lately especially right now. This is the heaviest my chest has ever felt.

I opened the door and saw Victor scooted to the other side, giving me enough room to sit. Why is he sitting in the back seat? This will definitely make my chest explode.

I sat next to him and pulled the door closed. Victor didn't say anything so did I. We both awkwardly sat inside the car, looking out the window like we're kids who were forced to ride in the same car by our parents. Ahhh I really can't take this silence treatment!

"W-Why are you sitting in the back seat?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"It'll look weird if people see us coming out of different doors" He answered without looking at me.

My heart skipped a beat by hearing that. I bit my bottom lip and softly hit my own chest out of frustration. If you keep pounding like this, I won't be able to think straight so please heart, cooperate with your owner.

Chace's resident, 6:50PM

Allan parked the car in front of the main entrance where people were gathering, taking photos with their acquaintances. Victor got out first then walked over to my side and opened the door for me. He also offered me his hand. At this point, my face was burning red, mostly because there were so many people paying their attention on us.

With hesitation, I took Victor's hand and stepped out of the car. I was so nervous and paranoid, I can't even walk straight. My legs felt wobbly and useless, my body felt so light. It was like I lost control of every parts of my body.

As we made our way to the entrance, Victor took my hand like he knew I was drowning with anxiety. He then wrapped it around his arms smoothly.

"Your hand is cold. Don't be nervous. Just do what I say" He whispered into my ears.

Right....I insisted to come because my only job was to look after him and now look at what it's turned into. I can't afford to let the opposite happen. I need to put on a brave face and a strong act. It's not that hard Crystal. You've been doing this pretty much your entire life. I smiled at my own thought, my body started to feel more relax as my grip around his arm tighten.

The fancy people who were having a conversation, taking photos or lurking around the entrance stopped to stare at us. I tried not to flinch by avoiding their gazes and looking down the whole time, letting Victor do all the work. He flashed each of them a charming smile making the girls melt while guy didn't know how to react.