Chapter 39

Justin's POV

After having a long meaningful conversation with Crystal, I left the room to give her some space and let her get some rest. To be honest, my chest felt lighter once I told her about my past. I feel like I've been keeping it to myself for too long, sharing the story with her was one of the best decision I've ever made in life. Though nothing really changed and life proceeds the same, it helped getting rid of the burden on my shoulder.

The core of the problem is still out there, breathing and spreading chaos everywhere he goes. That is my father of course. I know he has always been up to no good but I've never bat an eye because I thought as long as I pretend to be naive, he'd keep me around. It's been working very well and he's always been very nice to me but now that he messed with the person that's very precious to me, I can't turn a blind eye anymore.

If revenge is what Crystal wanted, I will try my best to provide any type of information she needs. I don't know if I'll be any of help because like I said, I never pay attention to what father does. Crystal did say I can try getting along with Victor and that alone, will help her a ton. Well, if she says so....

That night, I fell asleep in one of the guest bedroom since I lent Crystal my bed. The alarm woke me up at around five in the morning. It was still dark outside but I'm used to waking up early to workout and enjoy the morning breeze. I repeated my morning routine and changed into my workout gear and with that, I went out the door, driving to the nearest gym.

My workout routine lasted for about two hours. I came back to the mansion and took a brisk cold shower. I changed into a plain white t-shirt and a pair of black trousers. I tucked the white t-shirt inside my pants and looped a black belt around my waist. By the time I finished, my hair was only slightly wet.

I made my way to the kitchen and all the chefs greeted me with a polite good morning. "Good morning." I said it back and smiled. "Can you prepare an extra tray of breakfast today? I have a special guest." I asked.

"Certainly, sir. Is there any specific dish you would like us to make?" One of the chef asked.

"No, just the usual. Thanks." I said and waited on the counter until the food finished. After all, Crystal never told me what she likes or dislikes. I need to stop making myself feel sad.

I brought a tray filled with delicious food to my room and placed it on the nightstand next to the bed. Crystal's eyes were still tightly shut, not even a single sign of nightmare. She looked rather peaceful after the disaster that happened last night.

I'd do a little prank on her to wake her up like the good old days but I don't think this is a good situation to pull a stunt like that so I just casually shook her awake. "Crystal, wake up!" I raised my voice, shaking her shoulder softly.

"Hmmm..." She squinted her eyes and rolled to the other side of the bed, refusing to get up. "Get up!" I shouted louder, this time aggressively shaking her. Unfortunately, her reaction also became aggressive. She flung her arms around, hitting my face as if she's telling me to go away.

I sighed. "Guess I have no choice..." I mumbled and flicked her forehead really hard with my fingers.

"AHHHH!" She screamed, her eyes shot opened and her body sat upright. She rapidly rubbed her forehead and groaned in pain.

I laughed nervously. "Sorry....I tried waking you up the peaceful way but you didn't cooperate." I gave her a cheeky smile.

"Idiot....I know you were waking me but I wanted to sleep more...." She murmured with her raspy morning voice.

"I'm sorry, okay? But I have to get you back to the Howlton mansion as fast as possible. Your beloved master is probably worried sick...." I mumbled the last phrase. Yet, he couldn't even gather the courage to contact me.