Chapter 25

Crystal's POV

I slowly opened my eyes after what seemed like an incredibly long slumber just to close it back after witnessing the ray of sunlight shining into the room. I can hear a faint sound of the curtain being slid open. Is somebody inside my room? Wait a minute....my room!?

The sudden realization woke me up completely. My body shot upright with my eyes still wide opened. That was when the thumping in my head began. "Ahhh." I moaned in pain as the thumping kept getting harder and harder. Every thump left an absurd amount of pain in the center of my head.

"Good morning, Ms. Bradley. I brought you a hangover soup." Said a female voice. I followed the voice and saw Khloe holding a food tray in her hand with a slight smile on her face. She pushed an over bed table to my bed and placed the tray onto it.

"Thank you, Khloe." I thanked her, trying my best to return the smile. If Khloe is here then this must be The Howlton Mansion. I can't really remember the rest of the event from last night because my head won't stop pounding but somehow Victor brought me back here.

The steam that came out of the hangover soup reached my nostrils. I deeply inhaled the scent which made my stomach growl instantly. It was loud enough for me to hear but Khloe didn't show any reaction so I just brushed it off. I picked up the silver spoon next to the bowl and began digging in.

"I'll tell the chefs to make a drink for you. Tell me if you want something in particular." She said, still smiling. I was amazed to see her smile so much since she always have a straight face on.

"Then please just bring me an orange juice. Thanks again." I replied. She nodded and left the room.

I started slurping my hot soup while looking around the spacious bedroom. I've never been in here before so this must be the guest bedroom. It's very neat looking, simple but well furnished. Whoever came up with the idea to decorate this room must be a minimalist. Since this mansion is surrounded by trees, I can hear the birds chirping clearly. It's so peaceful that I closed my eyes for a few seconds and began mediating.

This is the life I've always dreamt of. If I marry a rich man, do I get to enjoy this everyday?

My lips curled up at the thought of that. It wasn't because I was joyful, I wanted to laugh at myself for imagining that.

My imagination got disturbed by knocking sounds on the door. That must be Khloe. She let herself in after waiting a few seconds with a glass of orange juice in her hand. She gently place it onto the table. "Master said he wanted to see you in his office so give him a visit after you finish your meal. I'll get back to my work now, miss." She bowed.

"Okay, see you around." I added as she closed the door behind her. I let out a big sigh and quickly finished the soup.

Come to think of it, I still can't remember the rest of the conversation I had with Victor last night. I was so nervous and tense around him that all I could think of in my mind was 'drink! drink! drink!' so I kept chugging the beer until I got drunk. I hope I didn't pass out and puke all over the place. My image from Victor's point of view is probably bad enough as it is.

I gulped down the orange juice and got out of bed. I noticed the clothes I wore last night being hung next to the giant glass door as well as my purse. I went to search for my phone and saw the envelope I brought with me. Isn't that Mrs. Carney's money? What's it doing here? I took a look inside the envelope and saw that all the money was still in there. Does that mean I didn't pay for anything last night?

I slapped my own forehead to knock the dumbness out of me. Did I really just make Victor pay? Did I really? I better hurry and pay him back.