Chapter 46

The image above is an illustration of the prince's uniform, specifically Victor's

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

The Howlton Mansion, 5:07AM

Upon arriving at the mansion, I was yet again stoked by how many workers came to escort the princes to the royal palace. Actually, this time, I think there were another group of unfamiliar people in a total different uniforms from before. They were standing on the right side across from our usual workers in black uniform.

They were wearing scarlet tunic with dark blue collars, shoulder strips piped in white and cuffs of dark blue and white. For bottom wear they had on a pair of dark blue trousers with a red stripe down the stream of each legs and a white leather buff belt. To top it off, they also had on a black bearskin hat. Oh and of course, the royal insignia pinned on the left side of their collar.

I walked in through the gate and immediately got greeted by the hundreds of guards. I flashed them a formal smile and lowered my head a bit to return the respectful gesture. I turned to the left and the workers did the same. I noticed Khloe looking very confused and worried among the crowd. It gave me a little flashback to the time Rosa knocked her out. Yeah, I'd better off not interacting with her. Especially after Sam's warning last night.

"Ms. Bradley!" Khloe called out to me before I walked away. My body flinched a little by the tone of her voice. What does she want with me?

"Khloe?" I turned to her, pretending to be surprised to see her.

"Excuse me but, what is all this? Why is master suddenly paying a visit to the royal palace? He hasn't been there in years! I thought he despises that place!" She asked, her voice sounded like she was low-key panicking.

The other workers around her nudged her arms, trying to get her to stop talking. This is so out of her character. Speaking badly about the royal palace in front of all these royal guards, is she completely out of her head? Why does she care anyway?

"Pardon?" I questioned. I didn't intend to give her any answers from the start.

"Don't play dumb with me-" She got cut off by another worker that quickly covered her mouth before she could finish her sentence.

"I sincerely apologize on her behalf, Ms. Bradley! I will make sure stuff like this doesn't happen again and make sure that she get the rightfully deserved punishment!" Assured one of the worker. I furrowed and gave dirty looks to Khloe for a couple of seconds before nodding to her and walked away. She's getting more and more brave these days. I'll have to do something about this soon.

"Excuse me, you're prince Victor's secretary, correct?" Asked an unfamiliar face who was approaching me. I think I have an idea of who this man might be. Judging by that red uniform and the way he addresses Victor, he's probably from the royal palace too.

"Yes, my name is Crystal Bradley. You are?" I introduced myself formally.

"I'm the head of the royal guard, Captain Harvey. Pleasure to finally meet you." He bowed gracefully. I returned the gesture as well.

"You look like you're in a hurry, what's the matter, captain?" I asked since I saw him stalling back and fourth in front of the door earlier.

"Actually, I came to talk to you because of that. Prince Victor refused to come out until a so called Crystal person arrive so I figured it'd be you. Could you please go inside and convince him? The last thing we want to do is make the king's mother angry." He desperately begged. Is he serious? I was gonna go in no doubt but hearing Victor acting like a child is kinda funny.