Chapter 13

"Who is this? Crystal, you know him?" Mark asked, a little bit annoyed.

"Uhhhh....ahaha you see....." I stole a glance at Victor's face and immediately turned away as chills ran down my spine.

"Tell him" Victor announced aggressively.

"What?" I hesitated, buying some time.

"Tell him about us. Answer his question" He arched one eyebrow while eyeing Mark.

I pressed my lips together and inhaled heavily. Is he serious or is he just testing me? I thought he wanted to keep it a secret and all, I mean I don't mind revealing my profession to my blind date.

"He's my-" Victor grabbed my hand and squeezed it, surprising the heck out of me. He gave me a hopeless look and dragged me out of my chair.

"You're really an airhead" He muttered under his breath as we walked out of the restaurant.

"Crystal? Where do you think you're going!?" A middle woman's voice called out for my name from afar.

I looked behind my shoulder and saw my mother chasing after us. I can almost see steam coming out of her nose and ears. I gasped, tighten my gripped around Victor's hand and took the lead. She followed us to the restaurant and spy on us!?

"Why are we running!?" Victor asked, his confusion slowed us down.

"Shut up and run if you want to live!" I shouted and sped up again, this time my partner finally cooperated with me.

We made it out of the restaurant safe and sound, losing sight of my fuming mother. I crouched down, trying to catch my breath or else I might actually pass out and lose my mind.

Victor aggressively pulled his hand away from mine. I secretly glared at him and slowly rubbed my hand as well. I totally forgot we were holding each other's hands. I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea that I want to do skinship with him or something.

"How did you find me?" I asked, feeling a little bit creeped out.

"Khloe installed a GPS on your cellphone. Now that I've told you one of our secrets, don't you dare purposely not bring your phone with you" He stared at me, deadpan.

Since when did she installed the program on my phone? I don't remember her asking to borrow my phone......Don't tell me! It's been there ever since the day I came for the interview!? S-Spooky.

"I-"

"You can explain to me when we get back. I have something important to deal with" He glanced at his watch.

"Then I can leave first?" I asked in an excited tone.

He scoffed then turned to me with a serious look "Did you forget who you are?" He leaned close to my face "Se-cre-ta-ry-C-B" He spelled out every syllables for me in a mocking way.

A nervous laugh slipped out of my mouth as I nodded slowly. I see what is happening. This is how he plan on punishing me of course. I saw this coming but reality is scarier than thoughts.

Victor took us back to the Parallel mall which gave me vivid war flashbacks of this morning. I tried not to annoy him any further by remaining silence and obedient but my patient ran out quick as times flew by.

"What important business do you have inside of this shitty mall?" I asked, staring at his broad shoulders. He let out a chuckle. Oh no! Did I just triggered his switch again?

"Being informal, huh? I see......I was thinking about raising your salary-"

"Please forgive me master! I'll do my best from now on!" I quickly grabbed his hands and held them tightly to my chest. He took a step back, looking bewildered but that didn't last long until his lips broke into a smirk and started leaning close to my face.