Chapter 48

WARNING - ADULT CONTENT
This chapter contains sexual content. Viewer discretion is advised.

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

Throne Room, 9:23AM

"I've never thought I'd stepped foot in here again this early." Said Victor, leading me into this slightly dark room where the king's throne is kept.

I couldn't make out very well with the dimmed lights and this bad eyes sight of mine but I can see the glowing throne sitting in the far back of the room. Must be made with the purest gold and diamonds for it to shine this bright. The throne itself was big enough for one person of any build and beside it was the king's crown laying on top of a red velvet pillow on top of another stand.

Forget about the throne, the decoration of this entire room alone is magnificent. There were various paintings on the ceilings, telling its own story about its past kings that I can't quite understand. There were portraits hanging on the wall as well. Most of it are family portraits and the king's self portraits.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked after hearing his out of context announcement.

He trotted to the throne, carefully running his fingers along the armrest, "The thought of inheriting the throne and becoming the monarch have always been unamusing to me. I feel like they only need me there to play puppet for them, lying to the people that everything is okay while the government do all sorts of dirty scheme behind my back." He frowned, his finger stopped at the edge of the armrest.

"But after I met you, after observing your way of executing things for days, I have faith that things can be changed. You've turned my life around completely. Do you realize how amazing you are?" He turned to me, flashing me his biggest smile.

This feeling again, I can feel my heart skipping a beat then racing as if I was cast under a spell. It almost felt like time stopped every time we're together. He really has his way with words and compliments. My ego might just burst right on the spot.

"Your very existence is what fueled those abilities of mine. I don't do this to every person in my life, you know? You flipped those switches I never knew I had. You're just THAT amazing." I smirked, shooting him back with compliments.

Eh, it's just facts. He always underestimate and doubt himself. Little did he know, there are thousands of people admiring him as a person. Just look at the hoard of people waiting all morning to welcome him to the palace.

Victor clicked his tongue and bit his bottom lips, "Ahh....What am I going to do with you...." He muttered. I cocked my eyebrows in confusion but he ignored it. Instead, he sat down on the throne, taking the crown from the stand and put it on his head.

"How do I look?" He asked, the corner of his lips curled up into a playful smirk.

I scoffed, "I don't think you need my validation...." I replied. What's up with him? He knows his face is my number one weakness and he still need me to spell it out for him?

He jerked his head back softly and laughed, "Come here." He motioned me to come to him with his index finger. I wasn't sure what's going on inside his head but I still went to him without a moment of doubt.

He reached his hand out, taking a section of my hair and played with it in between his thumbs and index finger, "I don't want you to work as my secretary anymore. It's annoying and frustrating to pretend you're nothing special to me when we're in public. I still want you to be by my side, not as my employee but as my lover, not following behind me but walking alongside me holding my hands." He spoke softly, keeping his eyes on mine.