Chapter 28

Victor's POV

Isn't it ironic how you went through all the process to hire a new assistant to help taking care some of the work burden but it ended up adding more stress onto you? I'm talking about my new assistant Rosa who is a total klutz ever since the first day of the job given to her.

It hasn't even been a month yet but I can't recall a time where she doesn't mess up her objectives and tasks divided for her. It had delayed important meetings, events, making our sponsors and the board directors uncomfortable every time I bring her with me.

Like that one time she she broke the company's slideshow screen because she thought it was steady enough to lean on.

Flashback

"So back at Mr. Howlton, your opinions on the new and improved version of the computers that are being added to the computer lab?" Asked one of the team managers gathered at the meeting table.

"Does it really matter? Why do you need my opinions on computers? We have more serious things to bring up on this meeting." I sighed, falling back into my chair. The room turned silent for awhile before the same person decided to open their mouth again.

"Of course it matters! We can't go on with the plan without your approval, sir." Said the team manager, raising their voice. They're mad annoying. How many time did I tell them not to call me sir. What's so hard about calling me master? (every single person on earth find it weird except him)

I clicked my tongue. "Assistant Harmon, get it over with." I ordered.

"Y-Yes, master!" She responded and quickly gathered her paper to go up in the front and do a presentation. Everyone else seemed to pressed their lips together and tried to hide their faces after they heard her response. (tried to hold in their laughter)

After three to four minutes into the presentation, she began to gain confident from the points she made in the presentation. They're pretty strong and valid, anyone would be proud of themselves for coming up with these ideas. She stayed up three nights thinking of them when I told her about the meeting. I guess I made the right choice not to dismiss the whole topic after all.

Weirdly enough, her confidence drove her to do strange poses as she delivers her points across. At one point, she crossed her arm and leaned on the slideshow screen with her full weight not knowing the slide was supported by only a single slideshow stand. When she finally realized there was nothing behind the slide screen to support her body, it was already too late to regain balance. She fell backward, pushing the paper thin slide screen with her and broke the stand in half.

It all happened so fast, nobody could rush to help, not even the person sitting the closest to the front. Luckily, the skirt given to her by the tailor was knee length which mean it's long enough to not flash her insides to every person in the room. Two of the securities guy came to help her up and changed the broken slide to the spare one, borrowed from another meeting room.

Of course our company had to pay for it but the prices isn't the problem here. I'd buy a thousand slide screens if that means I could turn back time and make sure this didn't happen. I sat there in embarrassment, palm covering my face. The meeting had to be delayed and scheduled for another business day which happen to be today.

End of flashback

She better not mess anything up for the second time or else our dignity will sink even lower. I, the 5th holder of The Howlton Mansion, The young master of the Howlton bloodline and the founder of Howlton High, will make sure this procedure go smoothly.

"Welcome back, Mr. Howlton. The meeting attendees are waiting on the sixth floor, same room as last time." Said the security waiting at the entrance.