Chapter 21

"My head....." I yawned, rubbing my temple in a circular motion.

Yesterday, I stayed up all night in this mansion to finish all the report from Silverose Howlton High. I had to ask permission from Victor until he agreed to let me stay in the mansion. I don't understand why was he being so strict? I did it for your sake? All for your business?

I don't want to complain too much and I know I'm just a mere secretary to him but these days Victor seems so distant. He used to called me in and out of the blue just to run small errands now he just gave me piles and piles of paperworks and disappear out of my sight. It's been so long since I last saw his face. He won't even bring the paper to my office by himself but made Allan do it instead.

My heart was pounding like crazy as I spoke because I could finally see him. Standing in front of his office door, I couldn't help but hesitate to knock on the door due to nervousness. I took a deep breath, gripping the reports tightly with my left hand, lifting my right hand up to knock on the door.

"Ms. Bradley, you can't enter master's office right now. The room is occupied" Said Khloe who happened to walk pass. I jumped. She was the last person I expected to meet this early in the morning.

"But these reports are urgent" I said, looking puzzled.

"Sorry, Miss. Master gave me an order to watch the door. I can't let you in until he finished" She lowered her head.

An order? Who is he talking to in there? Even I, his secretary, can't come in? W-Wait a minute.....I-Is he d-doing that thing again? You know.....when I first came to the mansion, I witnessed it with my own two eyes. Is that why he didn't want me to stay overnight?

"Thank you so much Mr. Howlton. I-I can't believe you'd decide this quick" A soft female voice can be heard from behind the door.

"I know a talented gem when I see one. You can start today" Said Victor in the most gentle tone. I took a few steps back, knowing they were going to come out.

The door creaked opened, revealing an unfamiliar girl wearing a formal suit. She was slightly taller than me. She got a cute wavy bob. Her hair was dark brown. I watched her bowing to Victor who was coming out as well.

T-This time he did it with a girl!? I mean I know he's bi and all but out of nowhere!? My face went red just thinking about it.

The girl walked backward, her back facing me. I was in shock so I couldn't move aside to give her space to walk. Once I snapped back, the only thing I can see was her back, three inches from my face.

"Be careful!" Said Victor, grabbing the girl's arm, pulling her toward him.

"Ahh! I-I'm so sorry!" She turned around and repeatedly apologized to me with a trembling voice like she was about to cry.

As for me, I didn't even care if she bumped into me and I get hurt or not. Just the fact that Victor saved her was enough to make my soul leave my body. I stood there, blankly staring at both of them.

"Stop apologizing, you didn't hurt her" Victor smiled softly at her. He then glared at me like he wanted me to do something but I couldn't bring myself to interact with her.

"Oh that's right!" His face lit up like he just remembered something. He came closer and stood next to both of us.

"Crystal, this is my new assistant, Rosa Harmon" She bowed politely, clasping her hand together nervously.