Chapter 10

Victor took the CD from detective Banks and replayed the security footage over and over again to connect the dots together.

"On July first, Paula began acting suspicious. As you can see, she was roaming around in the hallway on the fourth floor as if she was waiting for someone but they never showed up. She had been doing that for several days until this clip right here" Detective Banks took over the mouse and fast forwarded the video.

"This is when the three students showed up. They were discussing something for awhile and then Paula handed them a stack of money. I tried zooming in and learnt that they were all ten dollar bills" He paused and enlarged the clip, specifically focusing on the stack of cash.

"She's willing to pay that much to bully a kid and her classmate at that?" I clenched my fists, my heart trembled as I said those words.

"And on the following day, the same day you went to examine the school, the three boys made a move" He took control of the mouse again and fast forwarded to the part he wanted to show us.

"Luckily, there's a security camera next to the girl's bathroom to get proof that they did forced Jace to enter the girl's restroom and did their business" I slowly shook my head, I can feel my gut twisting from imagining what happened next.

"About thirty minutes later, that's when Mr. Howlton's secretary went into the bathroom and discovered Jace" Detective Banks, distanced himself from the computer's screen and looked at all of us.

There was a long silence until Victor's heavy sigh filled the room. "All of this seems a little sketchy to me" Victor announced.

"And why's that?" Detective Banks questioned.

Victor replayed the video again and skipped to the part where Paula handed the money to the three boys. He then, turned the computer around, showing us what's on the screen.

"The angle here is just too perfect. Out of all the safe areas in the school, she decided to do her illegal business right in front of a security camera that can be seen by everyone. It's like she wanted us to see this and throw her behind bars. This case might seems like an easy one to solve but I feel like there's more to it" He held his palm together and rested his chin on the back of his hand.

Detective Banks smirked "You're sharp, Mr. Howlton, I like this type of people"

"I was right?" Victor arched his eyebrows.

"I don't know yet. You see, Paula's mouth is sealed. She won't say a word since we took her to the police station. I was thinking you should come and help out. She might want to see you and perhaps we might get something out" He carefully inspected Victor's expression.

"Crystal, what's my schedule for today?" Victor leaned back on his chair, closing his eyes.

I flipped through the small book on my hand and read what's on it "You have to visit Howlton High and do a check up on the cafeteria as well as food tasting at one o'clock this afternoon"

"I'll pay her a visit but after I'm done with my work so detective, you can leave first" He got up and followed detective Banks to the door. He lowered his head to Victor and left in a polite manner.

"And you, Inform Allan about my schedule and tell him to prepare the car" He walked back to his desk, loosening his tie.

"Yes, master"

Howlton High, 1:20PM

Like last time, Victor brought a lot of men with him. They were ordered to check all the labels on the snacks, most importantly the expiration date. Our big boss on the other hand is now sitting in front of a table filled with cafeteria food. I was assisting him by sitting in front of him and watch him eat. I wasn't allow to touch the food let alone tasting it.