CHAPTER 11 - Tattoo

Start from the beginning

A red 2019 Bentley Continental GT pulls up.

The door opens which reveals no other than Mariyah. She wears a blue crop top cargo skirt set, nude thigh high heeled boots and a fanny pack slants around her waist and the other end drops against her hip. Her curly hair flows down her back, bouncing from hip to hip as she walks confidently over to us.

"Well I'll be God damned!" I beam and she grins, covering her mouth.

"What's popping?" She asks playfully as she rushes up and hugs me tightly.

'What's popping'?

"What's poppin'? Your fricking whip is what's poppin'! That's how you coming through now?" I hype her up, clearly boosting her ego.

"Daddy's girl?" She smiles and shrugs, in reference that her dad bought her the car.

"I can't believe this is you. You look... fire." Emma adds eyeing Mariyah's full exterior in clear approval.

"And who the hell are you wearing? This outfit is the shit." I squeal.

"I'm wearing Dior all over. You picked these out when we went shopping Friday, remember?" Mariyah asks.

"I can't believe this is you." I awe.

Mariyah looks so damn hot. Its so amazing seeing her like this and in these colors. She looks so happy and comfortable.

I snap out of my trance when Mario and Tariq pulls up simultaneously with the others in their cars. Amra drives up right after them. As they all park their luxury cars and walk over to us, everyone is so amazed by Mariyah's new look.

"Sup gang?!" Cody shouts with his hands apart, his usual fun and playful spirit.

"Damn. They said you were the president's daughter, but you're just beginning to look the part." Amra says and Mariyah chuckles.

"And that's her ride." I point at her Bentley and they all snap their heads in that direction, gawking in excitement about Mariyah's car.

"Holy shit girl, that's how you coming through?" Cody asks.

"Almost my exact words!" I add.

"Come on guys, we all have rich parents.. it's no big deal. Let's go inside, the game must've started already." Mariyah waves us off with a smile.

"Word." I mumble.

We head inside the stadium where we're greeted by a room drowning with excitement and cheering. We find a few good seats at the front that we paid for, across from a few celebrities.

I decided to start living a little at the right time in my life. If I was stuck at home right now, I'd probably be miserable with no friends to be around because of what's happening with me right now. I snap out of my trance at the small pinch of reality.

"I'll be in my car." I say to Mariyah and she nods.

I make my way outside, taking a seat in the backseat of my car with the door open, resting my head back on the seat.

"You straight?" A familiar voice breaks the silence a few moments later.

I tilt my head out, looking up to find Tariq's figure hovering over me, staring down on me with both hands in his pockets. I rest my head back again.

"Following me again.." I mumble.

He walks around and enters the car, settling himself on the opposite end of the back seat with one foot outside.

"You had this look on your face right before you left the stadium. Everything ok?" He asks.

I had a look on my face? Why was he looking at my face?