057

"AS we were on our way out from getting Vee's clothes in your suite, the hotel staffs stop us." Bryn starts.

Every single pair of ears of each companion of them listens intently. Zel watches Vee and Shawn brought Camila home.

"They brought us to the back office. I thought we were in trouble because it's not our room or we'll be questioned as to why were we entering the suite that Harry Styles---"

"Bryn." Harry cuts her rant. "Get t'the point."

Bryn sighs while pulling out something from her purse. "They gave us these. They got it from when they were cleaning the room."

She hands them to Harry, all eyes were on the blood covered phone and red drenched piece of paper that are in a zip lock bag.

"That's Vee's phone and the paper is..." Bryn pauses, making everyone anticipate to her answer. "Her resignation letter."

Harry snaps at her, looking directly into her eyes and makes sure she wasn't bluffing. He widens his eyes when realization hits him as to why would she joke at a time like this.

"H-her what?" His thick British accent cracks.

"She was planning to resign before things got serious between the two of you. But she fell in love so the passing of that got delayed until, well, now."

"And ya knew?"

"I didn't, Zel did. She just told me the minute I saw that. Also..." She's about to add. "They checked the CCTV footage before the incident. They figured it would help."

"And?" Harry asks eagerly as the rest pays attention without attempting to say a word.

"Kendall Jenner was the last person Vee has seen before she was left alone in the room." Bryn states while breathing heavily.

Harry furrows his eyebrows. "What the fuck was she doin' there? And what the fuck did she say to 'er?!"

"Harry, lower your voice." Adam warns, noticing that some people were startled by the sudden loud sound.

Bryn pulls out her phone from her jean's pocket. "The footage doesn't have any audio nor does it have a clear vision of a face. But the staff that are assigned at the front lobby or information assures that it was Kendall Jenner who paid a visit."

She hands her phone to him as the rest comes closer to watch the video. It shows the hallway from the elevator to the suite's front door. Kendall standing and Vee opening the door for her. She removes her sunglasses and enters the room. By that, the video ends. Bryn collects her phone from his trembling hands and Mitch pats his shoulder.

"Did they let her sign anything, like a guests's list or something, to serve as an evidence that Kendall was present there?" Mitch suggests.

Bryn shakes her head. "I asked for those too but they said she refuse to sign anything. Just using her name to let herself in. But the staffs are enough witnesses."

"I need t'know what Kendall said t'Vee." Harry grits his teeth, controlling his fury.

"How did she know what hotel you two were staying?" Mitch asks, making Harry look up at him with the same curious emotion in Mitch's eyes.

"I told her." Jeff answers, snapping Harry's neck to him. "Before you get riled up, I didn't know she meant any harm."

"Oh, yeah. No shit." Harry huffs sarcastically.

"She says she wants to personally apologize to you about what she said to the bar." Jeff explains. "But I didn't know when was she planning to go. I have no idea she went when you weren't there and Vee was. Sorry, Harry."

"S'alright, whatever." Harry exhales. "I need t'fuckin' know what did she bloody told Vee that led me girlfriend t'do this." He closes then opens his hand from forming into fists to control his temper.

"The only people we can assure who has the answer is either Vee or Kendall herself." Adam interferes.

"I doubt Kendall will tell the truth." Jeff says while crossing his arms. "Or she would. Depending if she's proud of what she did."

"Neither would Vee. She'd rather hide the truth and save Kendall's arse than put 'er in the hot seat." 

He lets out a strangled and stressed sigh then brings his hand to tug his hair frustratingly.

"She can be too kind most of the time t'the point people abuses and takes advantage of 'er." Harry adds.

"Don't worry about that, Harry." Sarah reminds. "Think about her condition first and only that."

Harry's once stiff body soften at the mention of his girlfriend's state. He sighs in defeat and nods, agreeing to Sarah. 

"Just couldn't understand." Harry mutters between his breaths while Sarah listens to him and the rest talked about something else. "Was plannin' somethin' for us. Somethin' grand."

"Grand?" Sarah furrows her eyebrows then widens her eyes as an idea pops in her head. "Don't tell me..."

"Was preparin' the papers of her parents t'fly all the way 'ere so that I can meet 'em. I even got ready one of the fanciest hotels I can find then save 'em seats where I'll perform the songs me and their daughter wrote mostly. Showin' 'em that their daughter's works are irresistible and also to prove to 'em that I love 'er."

"I thought it was a much more step forward than that." Sarah sighs. He furrows his eyebrows then raises one when he thinks of what she was trying to say.

"Ya thought I was gonna propose to 'er?"

"Well..." She starts. "You're quite impulsive and spontaneous sometimes."

His right corner of his lips twitch upward the slightest for a while. "No one s'ready for that. Ev'ryone, me and especially Vee. I'll wait for the right time."

Sarah nods then came in Zel. Harry opens his mouth to say a word when Zel beats him to it.

"Shawn arrived. He said he'll take care of her." 

Harry sighs quietly then remembers something.

"Vee's letter of resignation." He blurts out directly, taking Zel aback. "Care to enlighten me?"

Zel avoids his pointed stare as Sarah excuses herself. "Vee said not to mention anything to you about it."

"Knowin' Vee, 'course she'll say that." Harry states. "But I don't understand. Why would she bloody make one in the first place?"

"She made that a few days after Met Gala." Zel starts. Harry blinks, reminiscing the memories he could've avoided making. "She assumed that she was nothing to you so before she became unprofessional, she made that."

"I was showin' 'er I like 'er at the time. How can she say she s'nothin' to me?"

"You chose to stay beside Kendall instead of her. You picked Kendall over her. You let her come in the party only to what? Avoid her and made her watch you enjoy one of the best nights of your life?" And stink bomb of memories explodes in front of him. Word per word affects him. "Luckily, she was with Shawn who was there to be her guide when it could've been you. Then, you're going to wonder why would a crazy woman like Kendall would act crazier before?"

He eyes her as she flips her hair, crosses her arms and shakes her head. 

"Why men gotta be oblivious about women's feelings all the time?" She sighs then uncrosses her arms. "Vee was willing to give up her job because she's starting to like you but she'd rather distance herself from you so that was the choice she made."

That's such a Vesper move, he thought.

He was about to say something when Shawn comes out from inside her room with wide eyes.

"We need the doctors."