022

Song of the Chapter: Between You and Me - Betty Who

"JUST the two of us, if ya don't mind?" Harry asks, careful not to offend Bryn and Zel.

"We get it. You're asking Vee on a breakfast date." Zel chimes that made Harry chuckle.

"Excuse me! Fashionista, in coming!" Bryn beams as she saw Vee walking out of the room.

She is wearing a white collared semi crop top that has the brand name Chanel and a plain white high waisted shorts with a pair of white Converse shoes. Harry's smaragdine eyes widen as he stares at a very precious recovered Vee.

"BlackPink in your area!" The two sang as they notice Vee has the similar fashion style as Jennie Kim from BlackPink, making the other two chuckle.

"Ms. Jennie Kim will sue me if she saw me wearing this." Vee jokes, making all of them chuckle again. Vee glances to see his reaction but she catch sight of his outfit instead. Black skinny jeans and white sweatshirt from his merchandise.

"Well, miss Jennie Ruby Jane may be beautiful but ya look stunning." He compliments as if he hasn't got used to Vee's breathtaking simplicity. She blushes as she walks to stands beside him and face her friends.

"You're not dressed yet?" Vee asks, furrowing her eyebrows as she took notice the the two are still wearing pajamas.

"No because me and Zel aren't goin---" Zel covers Bryn's mouth before she finishes her sentence.

"Because I have to get some sleep and she wants to accompany me." Zel excuses that made Vee nods suspiciously. "You two have fun." Zel finishes as she pulls Bryn back inside their hotel room.

Leaving the two to go ahead to the elevator and went to the restaurant. As they find a place to sit, a woman walks to Harry.

"Harry, we never got to see each other again." She marvels as she throw her arms around his neck, making Vee step back.

"Yeah, m'really sorry but I can't." Harry blurts while removing her arms from him.

She narrows her eyebrows as she felt a pair of eyes staring at her. She looks back at Harry as he assist her to step forward again to stand back again.

"Is she your new enjoyment?" She asks then shifts her attention to Vee. "How good did you make him feel that made him write a song about you?" She asks her rudely.

"Townes." He warns. "She s'nothing like that." He defends her.

"I bet she's not even old enough to suck your d---"

"Townes, don't make a scene." He cuts her that them look around their surroundings, seeing a few people get inside to eat for breakfast. "Or else m'gonna call security." He adds sternly that made Townes scoffs and walked away while stomping her feet annoyingly.

He looks back at her to see if she has left and they proceeded to sit on the chairs around the table.

"M'really sorry 'bout her." Harry apologizes as he notice her staying silent up until now while laying the napkin on her lap. She looks up to him and smiles timidly.

"No worries." She shrugs the situation away as if it wasn't a big of a deal. "Analyzing what she said earlier..." She pauses to look back to him. "You wrote her a song."

"Well..." He starts while laying a napkin on his lap, imitating her. "I wrote a song 'bout her, s'not technically for her nor to her..." He clarifies, making her nod agreeably. 

"What song?" She asks as if she hasn't have any idea what song but she has seen the news, the stories and the articles. 

"Carolina." He answers, the title rolling from his tongue smoothly. 

"She has a reason to brag..." She voices that made him look up to her from his lap. "The song about her is an absolute banger." 

"M'guessin' that s'a compliment fo' me so thanks." He smirks.

"Sure." She remarks, making him chuckle. "Don't you think we should order already?" She asks as she observed that their conversation is starting to end but no food to eat yet were placed on the table.

"Already took care of that." He declares. "All we have to do s'wait." She chuckles. 

Wait. All he has to do is wait. Wait for Vee to at least be a bit more responsive to his sweet gestures. Wait for her to take notice that he wants something between them that isn't just to be friends. Wait for her to be ready for a relationship. And when they do, he'll do everything for her. Teach her how to be committed. Be a shoulder for her to lean on and a handkerchief for her to cry on. Risk anything for her knowingly sure that she's worth it.

He'll care, respect and support her. He'll listen to her. He observed how she never spoke up before because she doesn't know she has a voice. All she does is listen. Listen then abide. She wasn't able to find someone for her to be listened to. And now that Harry's met her, he's going to be that person for her.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks, noticing his stares are rather heavier and longer than usual. 

"How far away you're from me right now." He lies partially that made her hum.

"Your greed will bring you inconvenience in the near future, Mr. Styles." She comments.

"Well, there would be no need." He bites back as he stands up then moves his chair besides her and sits back, releasing a sigh of relief. "S'not like you're leavin' me anyway." He looks at her and wraps his arm around her waist.

"What makes you so sure?" She asks, pressing her lips as she caught the little glance he gave her lips then back to her eyes.

"M'never lettin' ya go." He grins contagiously, making her grin as well. "I can't. I won't."

He smirks as he feels the sudden invitation he felt the very first time he had a moment with Vee. He closes the distance between their lips while she prepares to feel the same feeling all over again.

"Ma'am! Sir! Your order." The waiter suddenly came, stopping the two from kissing each other.

They stare at each other's eyes and pull away from each other, Vee pressing her lips together while Harry bites his bottom lip while shaking his head.

"Great timing you have, bloke." Harry teases that made Vee softly laugh and slap his arm playfully. The waiter chuckles, knowing what exactly he's talking about. Right after the waiter places everything and leaves, Harry gives out one last sentence. "Don't expect any tip later, yeah?"