035

"BREATHTAKING." Vee compliments as she looks outside of his window, the view of Los Angeles didn't fail to amaze her pair of dark-colored eyes.

They are now currently staying in Los Angeles and they'll be staying in his house, actually, in Harry Styles's mansion. He decides to have some time off from everything related to work since his album has been on process for a very long time. Also, he wants to make her feel home and staying in just random hotel doesn't really feels like home. And he's meeting some family friends so maybe it'll go great.

"Thanks." Harry furrows his eyebrows, noticing Vee's unenthusiastic tone. "Ya okay?"

"Yeah." She answers weakly. "Just feeling a little headache."

"Ya should go to rest first now, love."

"I actually love that idea." She smiles politely to him. "Where would my room be?"

"Uhm..." He drags as he walks upstairs. When they reached a certain door, he turns around to face her. "Ya gonna be stayin' with me in the master's bedroom."

"But don't you have other rooms for me to stay in at? I mean, this is a mansion and there could possibly more than just one guest room." She reasons with a tone of hesitation.

He slowly traces his fingers from her shoulder to her fingertips until he snatches her baggage from her grip which made her open her mouth but he cuts her off. "Course there s'a guest room that Bryn and Zel's stayin' but I miss me cuddle buddy."

He winks at her and turns around to open the door. He enters the room as she lets out a scoff. He puts aside her belongings somewhere as she plops herself on his bed then sighs and closes her eyes.

"How come your beds are always comfortable?"

He chuckles as he sits beside her while tucking a few strands of her hair behind her ear. "Prolly 'cause of me."

"Or because of your money." She retorts.

She opens her eyes and sits properly in front of him, seeing his smirk. He keeps his smirk on his lips as he caresses her cheek delicately with his left hand, the cold feeling of his rings sending shivers and some kind of comfort to her. Keeping eye contact while leaning into each other could never be more tender if it weren't for the consecutive knocks from the other side of the bedroom door.

"Harreh!" A masculine voice from downstairs calls. "We're here! Come on downstairs!"

"Who's that?" She asks curiously, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Presley Gerber." He frowns, making her chuckle and traces the silver rounds circling his fingers of his right hand. He sighs passively as opposed to her surprised look. "You should stay and get some sleep. M'gonna---"

"What?! No. Are you kidding me?! That would be rude if I don't meet them." She rambles as she stands up.

He stands up as well and holds her forearm. "But ya 'ave gotta rest."

"All I'll need is a cup of coffee... Or two." She smiles politely as she pulls him outside.

As they arrived the living room, he introduced her to the Gerbers as his lyricist as the other two songwriters are probably having an enjoyable sleep as they speak. Vee offers everyone for a snack which no one refused. Kaia offered to lend a hand and now they're in the kitchen, preparing for the food while having a teenage-girl talk. It has been a while that Vee has talk to someone her age.

"I bet he's dreamy to work with." Kaia ponders in awe as she dangles her legs from sitting on the high chair. "I mean you got to hear his voice, see him, spend time with him like everyday..."

Vee notices the playful smile on her lips as she looks anywhere but her. "It's not like we get to have fun times like you guys..."

"Every second with Harry Styles is fun." She defends.

"Even with his terrible jokes?"

"Okay, that's an exception." They laugh at their topic. As their laughs tone down, Kaia blurts all of a sudden. "Don't tell him but I've got a small crush on Harry."

"Who doesn't?" Vee suppresses her shock with a chuckle.

"Right?!" Kaia smile's widening. "Which is depressing because I've got a lot of competition but I can only dream. Besides, it's nothing major anyway."

"Sure." Vee agrees as she felt vibrations from her back pocket. She picks up her phone and receives a text from Shawn Mendes, containing the details where and when they would meet and saying that she could bring the friend she's been talking about.

"What do we have here?!" All of a sudden, Harry marvels excitedly and snatches away her phone from her hands before she could type a reply to him.

He raises his hands so Vee wouldn't reach it, earning a laugh from him and Kaia. Vee jumps to reach for it but no success for her. Vee decided to poke his stomach with her index finger so he flinches and reaches for her phone with her other hand.

"Tiny." Harry teases.

"Dork." Vee mumbles while shaking her head as she sends a quick reply to Shawn. She looks up from her phone and sees Harry approaching to stand beside Kaia while she place her phone back on her pocket.

"Your parents wanna stroll in the beach whilst we play, whaddaya say?" Harry talks to Kaia while leans in on the bar counter.

"Hell yeah! I'll go get the Frisbee." Kaia marvels as she stands up and sprints away, making both of them chuckle.

Harry stands up and walks back to Vee whose gathering the ingredients she'll be using. He grabs her forearm and turns her to face him. "Just leave 'em."

"What? No way, Harry." She turns back but he didn't let her.

"C'mon..." He whines.

"Just go with them. That's why we're here, right?"

"Yeah but I wanna go with ya though."

"You don't always get what you want." Vee shrugs as he starts to snake his arms around her waist and pouts to her. "I'm a woman of my word. I offered to prepare the food so I'll do it."

He continues to whine, not noticing Cindy Crawford entering the room. When she notices their position, she hides herself from their eyesight even though they don't know they have company in the room beside each other.

"But Kaia's comin'. You can't do this just by yourself, babe." Cindy's eyebrow raising with the use of Harry's nickname to her.

"I can wake Bryn and Zel up." Vee reasons. "You're here to spend time with them so go. There's no way you can convince me..."

"Figures..." Harry gives up as his shoulders slouch. "Fine."

He exits the kitchen with a fake sulky state, making Vee scoffs.

"Vee?" Cindy finally enters the kitchen that made her eyes wide.
"I see that Harry really wants you to join us and the way he was holding you..."

"That doesn't mean anything, Mrs. Gerber." She explains anxiously.

"It's Cindy, Vee." She corrects. "I'm no one but to interfere on Harry's private life but if I were his mom, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like my son getting his hands all over a teenager."

She lectures calmly and leaves the kitchen. She gives her a smile and a goodbye, confusing Vee with her thoughts and feelings for Harry.