043

"UNTIL it's golden brown?" 

"Yup."

"So, how long s'that gonna take?"

"About 15 to 20 minutes. But then we have to cool it down first before slicing it partially in half to make it into two layers. Next we place half of the strawberries on one layer and top it with the other layer. Then we top it with the remaining strawberries and cover it with the whipped cream for the final touches."

"Sounds mouth-waterin' already."

Harry stares at the unbaked cake that is currently sitting inside the oven cautiously. He caught Vee baking a strawberry shortcake so he decided to help and bond with her. It helped him be informed that she has no idea how to cook because of her fear of fire but is an excellent baker. 

She taps his shoulder, making him look up to her from the oven. "Don't check on it too much."

She giggles as she cleans the used ingredients and other trash on the kitchen counter as he watches her instead of the cake. He sits on the bar stool, elbow on the counter, chin on his fist, adoring eyes on hers. 

"What?" She asks while setting aside everything.

"Ya should know by now that m'gonna be starin' at ya for no reason but admiration, you know?" He smirks.

"Yeah, I think I should get used to it." She blushes as she glances down on the marble counter and presses her lips. 

He chuckles at her cuteness and watches her clean the kitchen counter and leave the following ingredients and materials they'll be using. He can't help but imagine her as a beautiful wife of his despite her age. Her hair wrapped up in a messy bun, wearing his shirt that looks like a dress to her already and preparing her a sweet treat while he cooks for breakfast. 

"I can get used t'this." He ponders out loud.

"What? Me cleaning shit around your house?" She sets the plate between them while waiting for the cake to be baked. 

"Just ya 'round me." He shrugs.

She looks up to him and he nods his head to the empty seat beside him. She walks to it and sits comfortably, facing him.

"Not pressurin' ya but you should say it back now. Or as soon as possible which s'like now." 

She chuckles. "Wow..."

"C'mon! All I just wanna do now s'kiss ya." He pouts, making her giggle. "I've gotten used to the feelin' of your lips on mine. I miss it..." 

"You should stop!" Her face turns into a beat tomato as she covers it. 

He laughs softly and removes her hands from her face and places his forehead on hers. He stares directly into her eyes with a smile both placed on their lips, contented on each other's presence.

He leans closer, making her eyes wide, thinking if he's going to break their agreement. She closes her eyes in anticipation of his lips on hers, earning a playful grin from him. He kisses her nose and later on gives her an Eskimo kiss, making her smile. She opens her eyes and scrunch her nose. He catches that, making him smirk.

"Not. Yet." He whispers to her with his deep voice and British accent that made her nod understandingly.

He leans away before kissing her forehead as he stands up and check the cake again.

"You sound like you're convincing yourself more than me." She giggles.

He looks back and approaches her again. He brings his hand on her cheek and she leans onto it automatically.

"Trust me when I say m'gonna keep remindin' ya 'bout how I wanna kiss you most of the time whilst you haven't said it back." He winks as he pulls his hand from her cheek and sits again, facing the lovely woman who owns his heart and mind.

"And trust me when I say that you don't have to check on the cake too much." She chimes while pinching his cheeks playfully. "Seems like someone's not defending his 'I used to be a baker' reputation."

"I used t'work in a bakery, yeah."

"As a cashier." 

"Was gonna finish me sentence!" He beams as he pokes the side of her stomach, making her squeal.

"Harry!" She screams as he continues to tickle her, making them stand up from their seats. 

She outruns him, climbing the stairs but he catches her midway. They laugh together out loud until it tones down when he wraps his arm around her waist and the other hand tugs the few strands of her hair that covers her face. Her pants was replaced by sharp intake of breath when he pushes her slowly until her back touches the wall. The tension can't be cut by a knife, but by a chainsaw. Their pairs of eyes each contain of adoration, enchantment and lust. 

"Can you?" She challenges.

"I can but I won't." 

And just like that, their serious and sensual talk was interrupted by the sound of the oven, signalling that the strawberry shortcake is cooked.

"I'd be damned to admit that m'believin' meself on sayin' this but I prefer the cake for dessert right now." He shakes his head while biting his bottom lip as she laughs again.

"Oh, Harry..."

"But don't expect m'gonna keep sayin' that!" He slowly removes his arm from her waist. "I will have a dessert that I want and deserve from you. Better than a cake." 

She looks at him with amusement before sprinting downstairs and back into the kitchen again hand in hand with him. She grabs the nearest cloth to her which is just a hand towel and brings out the cake then lets it cool for a few minutes. Sticking to her instructions, she slices the cake into two layers and added her finishing touches before giving it to him. 

His mouth waters, licking his lips while waiting his slice of cake from her. She gives herself one too and sits besides him while enjoying their creation.

He reaches for his vibrating phone from the pocket of his sweatpants and checks the text message he just received. He smiles and lays the phone on the counter. He continues to eat the cake when he speak up.

"By the way, we'll fly to London for the weekend."

He informs her bluntly but the magic word makes her look at him with surprise and wide eyes and drops her fork on her plate, making him look at her from the sound.

"Why? What s'wrong?" He narrows his eyebrows.

"L-London?" She stutters.

He nods.

"That's like my dream destination! I can't believe I'm finally going to London?! I'd love to ride the London Eye in attempt to overcome my fear of heights. I'd want to visit the Queen at Buckingham Palace. Then, I'll take the perfect picture with Big Ben." She rambles.

"You sure succeeded on convincin' me That London s'your dream destination." He smirks.

"I wish to live in London someday..." She shrugs as she goes back on eating. 

He raises an eyebrow. "Why not in Holmes Chapel? Or anywhere with me perhaps?"

"What are we going to do in London, anyway?" She asks, changing the topic.

"We'll meet me mum and sister."

a/n:

I'll proofread next time, promise!