013

"THAT'S C, G... That is called G/B. An A minor then that's F. Finally, that's D minor." Bryn teaches Vee while her fingers roam around on the piano keys.

Vee squeals happily whenever she plays the right chords. After memorizing the newly learned chords, Vee tries to play them continuously. Bryn enjoys it, feeling a great song coming in the album.  

"Bryn... Vee..." The two were busy on the piano keys when Sarah calls them, causing them to look up. "That's enough. Studio's closing for a few minutes." She reminds.

After a few weeks of writing together, 3/4 of HASM finally introduce themselves to them and had a musical bond immediately. 

"Have you seen Zel?" Bryn stands up while grabbing her purse.

"Outside, waiting for you." Sarah answers. Bryn nods and walks towards the door to exit. Vee was about to follow but Sarah stops her.

"Mr. Harold Styles specifically demanded me to say that you'll be waiting for him and assure that you won't be leaving without him." Sarah teases but informs her, making her chuckle. 

"Bossy at times, is he?" Vee asks.

"Bossy at its finest, I should say." Sarah shrugs. "I gotta go. Mitch is waiting for me." Sarah bids her goodbye and she's left all alone.

She looks back at the piano and smiles. Harry comes in the same room as she and observes her, leaning his back on the door frame. She tries to play once again, repeating the only chords she learned until an idea pops her head. 

She grabs her journal and opens it, still unaware of Harry's presence and puts her fingers on the piano. She sighs first then plays the first note. He observes her keenly, waiting to hear her singing but it didn't happen. She pulls away her fingers from the keys and drops it on her lap. 

He furrows his eyebrows. "What s'wrong, hun?" He asks, making Vee jump a little from her seat and looks back at him. He shrugs her startle and walks up to her.

"I..." She stutters while he sits beside her. "I don't entirely know how to put a tone in a poem..." She shies away, playing with the hem of her white skirt. She slowly looks up to meet his eyes, avoiding any kind of judgement.

"Y'mean how to write a song?" Harry reassures and she nods. He nods back and pick up her journal to read what she has written audibly.

"Okay, stop." She giggles to suppress her blush.

"What? It s'heartwarming." Harry compliments that made her nudge him.

He chuckles and stares at her charming smile. He looks up at her eyes, seeing she's been looking at him. He clears his throat and asks her.

"So, ya play?" 

"Literally know 6 chords only." She answers honestly, making him softly laugh. "I was taught by Bryn earlier." 

"Show me." He instructs.

"I might play the wrong ones." She worries.

"S'okay. M'here to correct ya. B'sides, how will y'know if ya won't try?" 

"Point well taken." Vee remarks that made him chuckle. She places her fingers back on the keys and tries to remember to only chords she knows.

"That s'enough fo' a song to be written, actually." He marvels and places his fingers on the keys now. "Let's start at the first line, yeah?"

"A dangerous plan..." He plays the C chord. "Then..." He moves his fingers to the chord G. "Just this..." Then goes back to C. "...time" He glances at her and saw her concentration, but really she's admiring his deep yet soothing voice. He moves on to the next line and starts it with the G/B chord. "A stranger's..." Following is the A minor chord. "...hand" Then it's the F chord. "Clutched in..." And adding the chord C again. "...mine" He gazes at her again who is staring at his fingers. 

"Now ya try." He gently wraps his hand on her wrists and places her fingers on the keys. "Just follow the same rhythm I made and you'll be fine, 'kay?" He encourages. 

Vee decides to play the G chord since it hasn't been played yet. She hesitates at first but decides to sing at the end. "I'll take this..." His eyes holds a surprised emotion while his lips form a smirk. She proceeds to play the C once more. "...chance so" then goes back to G. "...call me..." And going back to C. "...blind" On the next line, she decides to copy Harry's series of chords on the second line. "I've been waiting all my life" She looks up at Harry who didn't change his expression since he first heard her singing.

"What a melodious voice, love." Harry ponders out loud. 

She blushes that didn't escape his attention. "Uhm, next line." She presses her lips then advances to the following line. He chuckles at her cuteness. 

She doesn't know what to do so Harry starts on the only chord that hasn't been played which is D minor. "Please don't scar" He then moves Vee's fingers to the chord F. "Same rhythm as mine, dear." 

"This young heart" She obliges. Harry goes back to the chord Dm. "Just take my...

"Now. Why don't we try two chords in a word? Just drag the word when you sing, yeah?" He suggests and she nods, getting what he's pointing out. He plays F. "...hand" Then shifts into G. "Like that. Now, could we repeat it from the start?"

She nods. Harry claims to play the notes while Vee will sing, creating an excuse for him to hear her voice. 

"A dangerous plan
Just in time
A stranger's hand
Clutched in mine
I'll take this chance
So call me blind
I've been waiting
All my life
Please don't scar
This young heart
Just take my hand

She stops singing and he remove his fingers from the piano. They look at each other at the same time with the same smile on their lips. She giggles and claps her hands, making him chuckle.

"You've got yourself a verse 1 and a pre-chorus, M'believin'." He states that made her grin like a Cheshire cat. 

"Thanks for the help, Harry."  She thanks him, making him narrow his eyebrows. 

"M'should be thanking you for the loveliest ballad that would be in me album." Harry corrects. 

"And thanks for the guide to songwriting." She expresses her gratitude, not only by words but also by giving him a kiss on his cheek, catching him off guard. "The studio's closing, we have to leave."