036

Song of the Chapter: S.O.S. - Ashley Frangipane (Halsey)

"RUDE." Bryn comments.

"She's actually really nice, Bryn..." Vee defends. "She didn't scream at me and confronted me in a very calm tone."

"She confronted you. Period." Bryn points out.

Bryn and Zel finally woke up on their own from their precious jet lag sleep and help Vee bake a good whole of black forest cherry cake, butterscotch pretzel bars and spicy chocolate chip bark. After a few minutes of preparing it with the girls, all of them are just waiting for Harry and the rest of his visitors while the treats are being refrigerated. While waiting, Vee cleans the top where they used earlier.

"She does have a point." Vee thinks about the lecture again like what she has been doing all through the minutes. "What do you think Harry's mom would say if she finds out that her son's been dating a sixteen-year old?!" She whisper-yells.

"We get what you're worrying about." Zel starts. "You and his age gap will be criticize by all but don't you think Harry would care about anyone's opinion?"

"It's not like it's just anyone's opinion, it's going to be his mother's. And sister's. And his friend's. I don't know. Fuck." Vee rants. 

Zel was about to say another word when the front door opens then enters the Gerber family with of course, Harry itself. He immediately runs towards the kitchen and saw Vee. He open his arms to hug her but she refuses. He ignored her and still wrapped her in a tight hug. She pulls away and complains about the sweat he passed on her. He chuckles and excuses himself to change. The rest welcomes Vee and she introduces Bryn and Zel to them. Bryn was proven that Cindy was nice and didn't mean any harm, just a word of advice from a mother.

Rande looks for the snacks and Vee brings out all of it from the fridge. Presley suggests to eat it outside the balcony so the father and son brings out treats while Cindy, Bryn and Zel brings out the plates, forks, spoons, glasses and drinks. Vee looks back at Kaia who has been awfully quiet since they came back. Her arms are crossed and just staring at her. Vee asks what's wrong but all she said was that she's tired with a bitter tone and excused herself to change. Vee felt uneasy because of it but she just shrugs it off.

They were all finally out in the balcony, enjoying the breeze and sharing a laugh. Vee sits between Bryn and Zel while in front of her is Harry who's sitting beside Kaia. They're having their own conversation which Vee minds but didn't let herself show any affection. Mostly because Cindy might have to scold her again but also she didn't want to react just because she has a crush on him. All of a sudden, Kaia runs inside and comes back with a guitar of Harry's in her grip. 

She sits back on her seat and announces. "Okay, so I kinda wrote a song..."

"No, you didn't, dum-dum." Her brother cuts her.

"Yes, I did, moron." She mutters that made all of the people laugh. 

"Hey, you two behave." Rande warns.

"Anyways, this song is about Harry when he was still in a relationship with Taylor." She declares, earning a raised eyebrow not just from Harry, but from everyone. "I know it's silly but it's the only song I know how to make at the time..." 

"Let's hear it then, baby." Rande says and she giggles while placing her phone on her thigh. The moment she starts playing, she looks at Harry and it never left for anywhere else since.

"Clutching the steering wheel and crying aloud
But your voice on the airwaves drowns me out

She singing about him being on the radio. That's funny for Vee, she would also call radios as airwaves.

"Crazy to think that since five AM all I see is green eyes and I'm lost in them and
I get it she's tall and she's pretty and blonde and she can write one hell of a break up song but
She'll never love you like I could

She describes Taylor Swift obviously, making everyone chuckle. The familiarity of the lines reminds Vee of something but she obviously shrugs it off.

"Now I wonder what it's like to run my fingers through your hair
But I'll never know
And I wonder what it's like to come home late and have you there
But I'll never know
And I've memorized every line on your fingertips
And I've fantasized 'bout what it's like to say goodnight to your kiss

As Vee heard the chorus, realization stepped in that the song Kaia is singing now is hers.

"And it's crazy to think that I've given up hope
And I've sunken the ships, somebody throw me the rope
It's getting too late to be seeing your face
And I'm dreaming of the ways that you probably taste
The dimples on your cheeks, yeah, they swallow me up
And I'm lost on your body because you're making it rough
Tracing the ink on your skin in my mind
Well, your girls got an album that is better than mine

She listens to every word intently, making sure it was her words and it defintely was. 

"Now I wonder what it's like to run my fingers through your hair
But I'll never know
And I wonder what it's like to come home late and have you there
But I'll never know
And I've memorized every line on your fingertips
And I've fantasized 'bout what it's like to say goodnight to your kiss

Harry, who has his smile up, can't help to be reminded how the words are so similar on how Vee would write it, making him look at her. Surprising him, she has her eyebrows narrowed while confusion is visible in her glossy eyes. It seems like she's listening to her with full of concentration so he pays attention to the song again.

"And you said you'd be back for me
Love the dimples in my back for me
And I believed it's true

Vee remembers that she's referring to the lyrics of 'Little Things'. Harry notices the reference so he smiles lightly, making Kaia smile bigger. 

"And if you do all that for me
At the very least I'd have to be writing this one for you

Vee wants to scoffs aloud. The chorus was heard again and Vee has her hand cover lips while she mouths her lyrics that Harry can't help but noticed.

"She'll never love you like I could
She'll never love you like I could

She finishes with those lines and everyone gave her a round of applause. Vee was hesitant but she clapped for her anyways. She was in deep thought to focus on that so much. Vee was certain that the song is hers.

The question that's bugging her mind is, how did she know?