037

"STAYING in the same room with him now, huh?" Kaia challenges as Vee just entered and closed the door. "I borrowed your song, if you don't mind." 

You claiming it as yours doesn't mean 'borrowing'. Vee remarks in her mind.

"It's okay. Actually, I really don't mind." She really doesn't. She stole one song from her, she can write more than just one and even better than that. Besides, at least she asked for permission later, right? But the question that's been bugging Vee was about to ask by her but Kaia beat her to it.

"You're probably wondering how'd I know, right?" Kaia scoffs. "It's actually really interesting."

Harry was about to pass by the bedroom door to look for Vee when he heard heels clacking which is unusual because Vee never wears stilletos nor does she wearing heels at the moment, but Kaia is. She walks closer to Vee and started explaining. 

"I was about to change to go to the beach and Harry was done so he offered me to change in here. And I happen to notice your baggage here but I wasn't sure if it was yours but then a notebook of yours was on top of your things. So I decided to check the name of the owner but instead, a bunch of poems and songs were the things I found. Assuming it was yours since you're Harry's lyricist. I was about to confront you because you didn't say anything about fucking him."

"I'm not fucking Harry." Vee interrupts.

"So why is it that your things are in his bedroom?"

"That doesn't mean we're having sex." Harry smirks because of Vee's defense as he silently listen from the other side of the door.

"Anyway..." Kaia goes back to the topic. "Confronting you would be too low of me so I took one of your songs, specifically one for Harry that has guitar chords, took a picture of it and figure how to sing it."

"It sounds really great, Kaia." Vee beams. "You really have a good voice. And smart. No one would figure the song that fast."

"Are you sleeping with Harry?" Kaia asks as she crosses her arms.

"We're the same age. Would you give your virginity this young?" Vee asks her back, earning her a shrug from her. "No, I'm not sleeping with him if you meant like fucking. But if it bothers you so much that we are sleeping beside each other, I can always sleep on the couch."

"But are you two dating?"

Maybe., Vee thought.

"Because when we were at the beach, he wouldn't shut up about you. He talks about you like you are some kind of goddess which made me even more curious."

Vee was about to say something but Harry decides to knock three times first before opening the door finally, catching both of the girls attention. "Kaia, they're all waitin' for ya." 

Kaia nods quickly and walks out of the room. Vee was left frozen there while Harry brings Kaia to her family and bid them goodbye then left. Bryn and Zel volunteered to clean so he walks upstairs and enters the room again. He catches her gathering a few pillows from the bed.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no..." He chants as she looks back at him. "You're not sleepin' on the couch. Again. And m'not lettin' you."

"Harry..."

"The song sounds good, don't ya think?" He teases.

"You want to put it in your album and make everyone suspect a Haylor reunion?" She darkly chuckles and approaches her. He sits in front of her then pulls her by her hand and she stand in between his legs. 

"What s'the title of the song?" He asks with a smirk when he saw her wide eyed reaction.

"How would I know?" She dodges poorly.

"Cause you wrote it." He chimes. "And don't ya dare deny, love. I already know it."

She sighs. "You heard us?"

He nods. "Also, I notice the chorus s'written in your style."

"How would you know my writing style?" She asks as he rubs his thumb on the back of her palm as he's holding both of her hands.

"The lyric, Memorize the line in your fingertips? Ya write the smallest details deeply and I don't know... I just grew t'know ya." He smiles, his dimples going deep. 

"Sound Of Silence." Vee answers as he hums. "The title is 'S.O.S.'. It means it's the sound or a song of someone who won't be heard." 

He smirks. "And s'bout me and Taylor?"

"Don't!" She warns, making him chuckle. "I wrote that when I was like eleven or twelve..." 

"Thought ya haven't really been writin' songs..."

"That was originally a poem. But when Bryn reads my journal, she adds chords into it and turns it into songs." She shrugs and he chuckles once again. 

He looks back at the side to see the pillows and places it back neatly. He lies on the bed and pulls her to him, her lying on top of her. He wraps his arms around her waist while she caresses his cheeks. 

"You should probably let me go." Vee utters, meaning a deeper meaning than just him holding her right now.

"Think I made it pret'y clear that m'not lettin' you go." He smiles that made her features soften.

How can she let him go looking like the brightest while upholding a smile like that on his lips? She has no plan of telling about Cindy to him but she was hesitating to oblige her. Having a difficult on what to follow, her feelings or the rules?

"I'm going to take a shower." She completely dodges.

"S'that a proposal?" He teases that made her chuckle.

She shakes her head with a smile still playing on her lips while slowly sliding away from Harry's grip. She walks to her things and was about to grab a change of clothes when he speaks again.

"Thought you're gonna be wearin' me shirt when ya stay with me?"

She looks at him again with a raised eyebrow in disbelief but he sounds serious like a boy reminding someone a promise to fulfill. She nods and goes to the bathroom. He stands up and prepares his (well, her) shirt for her, laying it on the bed. 

He stands back and reminisce the memories they had that reminded him with the plain white cotton shirt as if it was just yesterday.

He thinks to himself, no one's going to see, need and treat Vee like a queen properly other than him.

So he has made his decision, he's going to confess.