038

Song of the Chapter: Someday (ballad ver.) - Meg Donnelly & Milo Manheim from Disney's ZOMBIES

"BABY..." Harry coos while stroking her hair. "Wake up." 

"Why?" She groans sleepily as she rubs her eyes with her fingers.

"We're goin' somewhere. Wear the clothes I pick. I'll be waitin' on the car." He caresses her cheek one last time and exits the room. 

She sits up while stretching her arms forward. She stares at her black sweatpants and her cream cotton graphic shirt laying on the bed and her white rubber shoes on the ground. She smiles, thinking that she's going to lecture him about going through his things but it's not like she really minds it. 

While she change into the clothes, she's thinking where they could be going? It's only the second night of them staying in his humble house in L.A. and he already wants to sneak out. She shakes her head with a smile then sneaks out of his house.

She sees him standing beside of a classic 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 GT in yellow which is worth her family's life. He opens the passenger door for her and offers his hand like any gentleman would do. She takes it willingly as she slides inside to sit on the car. He closes the door and jogs up to his side. He enters the driver's seat, making sure both seatbelts were worn, and went off already.

Their car ride just consisted of Vee asking where they're going and Harry just ignoring and dodging it with also Harry flirting and teasing her. When they arrived to the destination, they exit the car and Vee can't believe the breathtaking view she is now seeing.  

She realizes that he took her to a mountain peak which is a great way to see the dark sky covered by celestial constellations. She looks back at him as she remembers her company and saw that he had placed a blanket on the hood of the car. His green sparkly eyes catching her amazed brown eyes, making him chuckle as he carefully climb and lie down on it. 

She walks closer to him and he offers his hand to him. She hesitantly climbs up but lies beside him successfully. He raised her head and extends his arm so she can lay on it. Both of them looked up, started to forget about reality and got lost in the stars. 

"I could never know what you're thinking..." Vee states all of sudden, making him look at her who is already looking at him. "But whatever it is, it never fails to disappoint me."

"I should be the one tellin' ya that..." He remarks as he shifts to face her. "Vee, the very first time we met up until right now that we had shared each other's special moments, ya never fail t'disappoint me." 

She blushes like the usual reaction she gets whenever he compliments her. She just looks back up with a smile on her face as opposed to him who chose to watch her instead. He thinks thoroughly and takes consideration on every obstacle they will be experiencing if he do this. But he's decided. He pulls his arm that Vee's head is being laid on and sits up, making her confused but sat up as well.

"Vee, hear me out." He sighs while she slowly nods. "I wasn't lying when I said the very first time we met, you've intrigued me. Because who wouldn't be? You're the most inter'sting young lass I've met and anyone would dream not to let you go just like me." He explains that made her smile genuinely.

"Harry..."

"God... If ya ask me if I can survived without seein' you in a day, I would've said yes. But now, I can't fucking imagine breathin' without making sure you're with me, right beside me. Without seein' your chubby cheeks, unclear skin, semi-perfect nose, thin eyebrows, silky hair, pale lips and my favorite pair of beautiful eyes."  

"What--" She stops herself as she let him continue.

"The feelin' of holdin' your small fingers wrapped around me long fingers and me big hands. Hearin' you giggle and laugh whenever m'bein' forward and a flirt t'you. Stealin' glances of you and your smile whenever you just enjoy the littlest things in life. Makin' you sneak out at night with me so I can find more time t'spend it with you. Writin' poems, songs or just sweet notes with and for you. The view of you scrunchin' your nose when I say a terrible joke..." She chuckles at the memory. "Lastly, our little tradition that we kiss wherever we go."

"We didn't kiss in New York." She retorts.  

"We both can agree that we both would fancy t'forget that, yeah?" She giggles and he chuckles.

"Where are you going from this, Harry?" She asks curiously.

"All of what I said are the things I love 'bout you, Vee..." He grins. "But more importantly, m'tryin' to say is that... This is goin' to be cheesy but fuck it." He pauses but never broke eye contact with her. 

"Harry..." Vee manages to choke out from feeling her throat tightening. 

"I have fallen in love with you, Vesper." He finally confess that made Vee's eyes and mouth wide open.

"W-wait---"

"Look, I know you might not be ready t'give me a response but I've been wantin' to express me feelings fo' ya for a very long time now... Remember the first night I invited you t'sneak out in Tokyo?" He didn't bother to wait for her answer and continues. "I wasn't plannin' on really tellin' you that I wanted ice cream. And that time we kiss under the rain? I was really goin' to do this. Confess that I love you. But I thought it s'too early for that shit. You might not be ready fo' it and I might not be ready for your reaction then but now I've thought through it..."

"Thought through it?" Vee asks while tears streaming down on her cheeks. "Harry, have you take consideration of everything? Our age? Your sexuality? Your career? The criticism? Do you know how are we going to deal about all that? We're definitely not meant to be in love, let alone be in a relationship..."

"A-are you sayin' you don't love me?"

"It's not like that. It's nothing like that, Harry. I really want to be with you without thinking about anyone but it's so difficult..."

"Then be with me, Vee." He pleads. "We don't have to think 'bout anyone. If you don't want us to be public, we won't. Just be with me..."

"I really want to, Harry. I want it to be you and me against the world but..."

"The let us be that way. You and me against the world, love." He insists, cupping her face with his hands. "Just be mine. Be me baby girl. Be me darling. Be me lit'le daisy. Please..." 

He uses the pads of his thumbs and wipes the tears falling faintly from her eyes. Vee wraps her arms around him and embraces him. He hugs back, letting her head fits perfectly on the crook of his neck.

 "Could you sing me a song?" Vee requests. "It helps me calm down." She pulls away as she wipes her own tears and smiles pleadingly to him, exchanging it with an amused smirk from him.

"Like I said. Never fail to disappoint me." Harry smirks as he kisses her forehead.