056

Song of the Chapter: Sunflower - Shannon Purser from Sierra Burgess is a Loser

"EVERYTHING is back to normal. Her heart rate is stable. All we have to do is wait for her to regain her consciousness." The doctor informs everyone who all have heave a sigh of relief.

"Are we allowed to see her?" Bryn asks.

"Yes. She'll be transferred to a suite room in this floor as requested." The doctor responds. They start to walk away but the doctor adds something. "But as much as possible, only one person can visit her first before she's fully conscious."

With that, the doctor leaves. Harry turns around to the rest of them and his eyes begs, asks at the same time states that he has to see her first. All of them nod as a response. He looks at the only person who has the same cotton attached on their arm as him.

"Thank ya fo' donatin' blood fo' me missus. I'll be forever thankful and I can't express me gratitude enough in words." Harry grabs her delicate hands and envelopes it with his large ones. "I owe ya much more than me life."

"It's nothing, Harry. I'm happy to help and save a life." Camila Cabello smiles sincerely.

He looks up at Shawn who is standing beside her and gives him an appreciating smile then looks back to her.

"Now, go and see her."

By then, he jogs to the said room she's confined in. Everyone stares at him until Jeff, Mitch, Adam and Sarah decided to buy something to eat. Shawn, Camila, Bryn and Zel share a silence until someone cough that caught everyone's attention.

"Thanks for donating." Zel expresses gratitude shyly. "But I can't help but ask. Why did you do it for a complete stranger?"

Camila looks at Shawn who has certain look in his eyes when Zel spoke then she looks back at her.

"She's not a complete stranger. She's Shawn's friend which that makes her a friend of mine too."

She looks at Shawn who has a tight smile on his lips.

"Besides you'll know when a person is in love with someone when you see their eyes sparkle when they look or talk about them." She starts, catching the Shawn's glance to Zel. "Harry's eyes wasn't just sparkling, they're shining. And that's when I knew, it's true love and I couldn't let that go to waste."

Zel was speechless as she hears Camila's words but stares directly at Shawn. Bryn breaks the ice. "Thank you. You helped to save her."

Camila gives her a small smile, feeling the tension that keeps building between them as the seconds grew to minutes and waiting for the others to come back.

Harry slowly opens the door, revealing the image of her laying on the bed with various tubes connected to her. She looks just like Sleeping Beauty but the beating of the heart rate machine is ironic to her usual peaceful state.

He closed the door and walks to her side without taking his eyes off of her. He reaches for a stool and sat on it beside the hospital bed. He picks her bandage covered hand and tears start to form in his eyes again.

"Have no idea if ya hear me..." He starts. "But m'wanting to let this all out or else m'gonna explode."

He scans her body covered in a hospital gown, her legs and arms wrapped up in bandages.

"For the longest time, I wasn't ready t'love. But when I met ya, m'still not ready nor am I expectin' t'love ya but I still did. Fo' ya. I didn't say anythin' that soon 'cause I know ya weren't ready fo' commitment. But ev'rythin' 'bout ya makes me in love not only t'ya but with the idea of an everlastin' love that I want with ya and literally just ev'rythin' 'bout ya. I love spending time with ya. Ev'ry second s'never wasted whenever I spent it with ya."

He pauses to sniff and wipes the tears falling down from his eyes as he caress the back of her palm with his thumb.

"I love how ya hesitate t'compliment me 'cause ya know I will make a cheeky remark 'bout it."

He chuckles as his fingers went up to her arm delicately touches it.

"I love how ya deny that ya aren't ticklish then I'll tickle ya t'your tickle spot which s'the sides of your stomach just t'prove that m'right."

A sad smile appears on his lips as his hand reaches her shoulders.

"One of the reasons ya were so worried 'bout us s'our age gap. I mean, s'not really a big gap but it still fear ya. But honestly, your age s'one of the things I like 'bout ya. 'Cause your maturity proves that age s'just a number."

His hand brings themselves all the way to her lips, lightly touching her bottom lip with his thumb.

"Your smile brings magic, especially when m'the reason behind it. Your giggles are the cutest sh*t ever. Your laugh s'music to me ears even though ya don't like it which I think s'absurb." 

His eyes sheds an ocean of tears as he cup her face.

"And one of me personal favourites, your eyes. Dark brown when it s'stared from a distance. Amber when ya look up at the sun that s'bright as ya. Honey brown when it s'stared from a close proximity." He uses his thumb to caress her cheek. "So, please. Open 'em already so I can determine which shades of brown will I 'ave t'see when I stare at 'em."

He fixes her hair, tucking some strands behind her ear that is blocking her face.

"Ya need t'see the look of love I always give ya once again. Ya need t'hear the inspirational words from me mouth to motivate ya. Ya need to 'ear nothin' but optimism that ya deserve. Ya need t'see how we were all worried at the fact that we..." He chokes. "I might lose ya."

A knock on the door interrupts his cries. He wipes his tear stained cheeks as he lets the person from the other side of the door come in. He brings his hand back on hers as Zel enters the room.

"Harry..." She calls. "Bryn wants to have a word with you."

"Can't it wait?" He asks, hesitating to leave her alone again.

"It's about Vee."

"What 'bout 'er?"

"We think we know why Vee attempted..." Zel stops, being careful with her words since he's still sensitive from what happened. "We think we have an idea why Vee did what she did."

"You mean..."

"I'll keep an eye on her. You and the rest should really hear what we know about the situation."