033

"AND that's our reaction to Zayn and Zhavia Ward's revamped of A Whole New World for the soundtrack of Aladdin." Bryn beams as Zel sits beside her and both are just smiling to the camera. "I'll see you all next time! Like this video, comment everything but negativity below and subscribe to my channel! Thank you, bye!"

"Met Gala just happen and you're here reacting to Zayn and Zhavia?" Vee asks, as soon as Bryn stops recording. "You're such a mood." 

Both Bryn and Zel plops on Vee's left and right side on her bed, sandwiching her.

"Well..." Zel drags, being careful for her use of words. "We don't want to talk about anything about that night."

"You're saying 'that night' like it's a bad time..." Vee observes. 

"Jeff cancelled going to the studio today because he is still hung over from the after party Harry and Kendall co-hosted." Zel states, raising an eyebrow.

"So?" Vee asks again, confused. "What's so bad about that?"

"He hosted a party with his ex while he..." has feelings for you. Zel wants to say aloud. She stares at Bryn then Vee who is anticipating patiently for her whole answer. "...knows that it'll make a huge part in the television the next day." She lies smoothly.

"He's..." Vee thinks of a perfect adjective to describe him without meaning to offend him even though he wasn't in with them. "...him. He believes there still beauty and kindness to everyone deep inside of them even though they can be the most wicked."

"Or he's just blinded by Kendall 'oh so beautiful face and body but not the attitude' Jenner." Bryn spits.

"Bryn..." Both of them warns. 

"He's like that, yes." Zel drags. "But how is Vee anything like?"

"What do you mean?" 

"How does it feel to see him with his ex going all smoothly?"

"Should I feel anything about it?" She scoffs while trying to hide herself under the covers but her friends stop her.

"You seriously didn't think we wouldn't wait for you at the entrance of the hotel to congratulate you for going to the prom of the celebrities..." Zel starts.

"And you really think we didn't hear the Harry Styles shout, 'If I was your boyfriend!' and other sweet shit like that to you (and one and only you) last night?" Bryn finishes, making Vee's eyes wide.

"Fuck." Vee mumbles as she hides her face with her hands while the two convince her to spill the tea. "I wasn't jealous... And I'm not saying that cover up my true feelings but I really am not jealous. More like, insecure? When Harry... Lambert was talking about Kendall to me with pure distaste, I can't help but imagine someone talking about me like that as well..."

"You are not Kendall Jenner." Zel begins. "You are Vesper Celeste Moon. You are much better than her to the point where no one dares to mention a single insult about you out loud." 

"And if they do, you don't need to listen to them. They don't know about you and Harry. They have no idea of what's the truth." Bryn encourages. "Now, Shawn?"

"What about him?" Vee asks curiously.

"Shawn who?" Zel doesn't want to assume but it's pretty clear who they were talking about.

"Shawn Mendes."

"How in the world do you keep on doing that?!"

"Doing what?"

"Meeting celebrities and making them head over heels for you?!" Bryn exaggerates.

"It wasn't like that!" Vee defends. "He was just keeping me company since someone didn't fulfill the missing presence I was longing..."

"I've always had a crush on him." Zel ponders in awe.

"I could talk to him about you." Vee suggests.

"What if he likes you too?"

"No way! Trust me, he doesn't like me like the way you're thinking..."

"And what would you say about me?"

"That's up to me, honey! Don't worry, of course I'm going to build you up for him."

"That would be awesome!" Zel exclaims then hugs her. Vee looks at Bryn.

"How about you, Aubs?" Vee calls out the nickname she made. "Any updates on your love life?"

"Well..." Bryn starts as she shifts closer while Zel pulls away from Vee. "He's a childhood best friend of mine and I've always have a crush on him, you know usual cliché shit. He still is my boy best friend but we only meet now through parties since we're both busy. We still keep in contact and you know he's so sweet at our messages as if I'm his girlfriend or like we're going somewhere but nothing's settled for now."

Vee and Zel share an awkward silence before Vee speaks up. "Sorry to burst your bubble but sounds like a fuckboy to me..."

"Yeah, it does." Zel agrees, both are very careful to watch Bryn's reaction.

"He is a fuckboy. I know he's not the 'stick to one' kind of guy. But, you know..." Bryn drags.

"Yes, I know." Vee nods her head, agreeing. She feels the same. She knows she's never going to be enough for him but she still goes on with it because you know... She has fallen for him.

"Anyways, this talk was supposed to be about Vee!" Bryn realizes and so as Zel, opening their mouths wide that she completely dodged the topic about her successfully.

"What's there to talk about me?!"

"What was Met Gala like?" Bryn asks eagerly.

"It was so extravagant. Like really. I can't help to feel uncomfortable because I'm nowhere close to being extravagant. The place, the people, the outfits, even the food. The food was really delicious but limited. Maybe most of the celebrities that attended are on diet." 

They all continued on talking about sweet nothings. From the Met, James Charles scandal, Bretman Rock to the Aladdin movie. As bizarre as the topics goes by, the two girls thinks that they deserve a pat on their backs for distracting Vee. Upon Zel was speaking and Vee's listening to her, Bryn's sneaky hands hides the anti-depressants on Vee's bedside table inside the drawer.