047

Song of the Chapter: Close to You - The Carpenters (cover by Reneé Dominique)

FROZEN, he is and unbelievably unexpected, this moment is. Although his eyes widen by Vee's act, he finally gives in by closing his eyes and kissing her back. Their mouths move in synchronize as if they have known the feeling of this ever since but there's an addition to it: Love.

They kissed with full of love with one another. Gentle and delicate but hungry and craving at the same time. After a couple of minutes, they pulled away to catch their breaths.

Panting while leaning on each other's foreheads. He opens his eyes slowly and the first sight he sees is her beautiful dark eyes.

"Vee..."

"Shh. Let me speak first and don't interrupt."

She commands and he nods.

She sighs. "I've idolized you for so many years now so seeing myself working for you is just beyond overwhelming. Writing has always been my passion but I never thought it would be the reason on how I would meet you. I swear I was so anxious at meeting you for the first time. All I know is you're Harry Styles, the narcissistic, charming, flirt of the media."

He chuckles on the description.

"But knowing you now, you may be all of those in some moments but you're so much more. You're not just a singer, a songwriter, an actor and a philanthropist... You're a friend, a cousin, a brother and a son. That's what they don't see but I do. And I couldn't be anymore happier that you let me see those sides of you."

He brings his hand to cup her cheeks and his thumbs wipes her tears. She didn't even realize she's crying.

"You saw the darkest side of me yet you stayed and remained the light who lead me the way out of that misery. You're the only person who loves me more than anyone I think someone would love me. You made me want to motivate and love myself more than before."

His tears fighting to fall down from his eyes as each of her words strikes an emotion to him.

"When I was younger, your music lifts me up whenever I feel down. You have no idea what kind of power you behold to others who feels calmness just by listening to your songs. And when I saw you earlier, I realized that no one can ever comfort you the way you comfort people who listens to your music. But I'm here now, Harry."

She cups his face and makes him look at her once again when he tries to look down to hides his tears.

"I'm never leaving you unless you want me to or push me away. I'll stay here by your side whatever it takes." She makes sure he listens intently as she let go of the next three words. "I love you."

Harry smiles that made his dimples stretch more than ever and his cheeks hurt, feeling it could rip off anytime but he didn't care.

She finally said it.

"I've thought through it and the only way that we'll overcome these challenges is if we have each other." She copies the same smile he has on his lips. "You can say something now."

He chuckles as he shakes his head in disbelief and leans closer to her again to capture her lips on his again.

The kiss contains so much passion. His hands cup her face and her hands wrap around his neck, pulling each other as if they aren't close enough. As his tongue explores her mouth, his hands explore her body and rests it on her hips. He picks her up effortlessly and sits her on his lap to straddle him, making her pull away to squeal and he chuckles at her reaction.

He rummages her lips as his hands hold onto her lower back, making sure she's close and she won't fall while her hands are place on his chest. He kisses her with full control of himself, not welcoming her to any kind of rough and she felt that. She kisses him with much harder pace, adding pressure to their kiss. She decides to rock her hips, grinding on him that made him groan.

She felt the upper hand and so she brings up her fingers to undo the buttons of his jacket that made him pull away then grips her wrist.

"Last time we went too far from snoggin', ya avoided me." He reminds her with worry.

"Last time was different." She assures him. "Now, it's alright."

He nods as he kisses her forehead, nose, left cheek, right cheek, chin and finally her lips before attacking her neck. He pulls his hand that's gripping her wrist and brings it up to flip some of her hair away from her neck. He continues to attack her neck, shoulder and collarbone with kissing, sucking and nibbling the skin all over it. She feels his bulge against her crotch when a knock disturbs them.

She jolts in surprise as he pulls away and both of their heads turn to the direction of the door. It opens and reveals Gemma.

"Everyone's leavin'. Figured ya would want t'say your farewells?" She asks, not letting go of the doorknob.

He nods quickly, eager for her sister to leave the room. Gemma notices the smudge lipstick on both of their lips, messy hairs, love bites around her exposed skin, sweat covered foreheads, their position, her flushed face and his furrowed eyebrows.

Gemma nods in realization, smirking. "M'afraid I interrupted somethin'?"

"We'll be on our way, yeah?" Harry changes the topic, making his sister chuckle and nod understandingly then closes the door.

Vee giggles and covers her face with her hands, embarrassed that they were caught making out by his own sister. He chuckles and removes her hands from her face and steal a kiss on her lips.

"Don't be embarrassed, star." He tells her. "Let s'take this back home, yeah?"

She nods. "I love you, Harry."

"I love you too." He replies but she pouts. "Why?"

"Don't say 'too'. It sounds more of an agreement than a statement."

"Fine, m'not gonna say it but also... I want you to say it to me while starin' directly to me eyes, so I know you're not lyin'. If you didn't look at me while sayin' it then there's somethin' wrong." She nods at his request. "Now, let's get goin'."

He offers his hand so she can stand up but before that he steals a peck on her lips again and for the final time tonight. "I love you, Vesper."