028

Song of the Chapter: Could I Love You Anymore - Renée Dominique & Jason Mraz

"THAT wasn't a talk." Harry states a bit of stern hinting on his tone. "I spoke and ya listened."

"But isn't that the whole point of having a conversation? Someone speaks then someone listens?" Vee asks.

Currently, the two are walking on the streets of the city. Him wearing a grey shirt, black trousers and her wearing a maroon, long sleeved, cotton shirt, denim skinny jeans in a chilly night made them regret wearing it. She even wonders up until now if he wasn't cold since he gave her the black coat he was wearing that hangs on her shoulders, so she tried severally times to give it back to him but refuses to have it. She also wonders why is he wearing a pair of shades in the middle of the night... For disguise or for him to hide his eyes from her since she has been avoiding it for the past few hours.

"Yeah, but that works for both parties." He responds with his thick British accent being so prominent. "I speak, ya listen then ya speak, I listen, yeah?"

She finally sighs and stops, making him stop as well. She walks a few step forward and turn to face him.

"I also owe you an apology." She starts. "I didn't mean to snap at you like that. It's just that... I freaked out. I didn't know what to do or what to say after that so I... Let loose... And I took my frustrations from my unanswered questions to you." She apologizes as she tilts back and forth on her heels and her hands placed inside her jean's pockets.

"I did notice ya lost the control I always sense 'round you." He chuckles.

She scrunches her nose before speaking. "I do have control, don't I?" She agrees humorously. "Well, if I didn't control my mouth, I would be the frank, sarcastic, tactless, insensitive, offensive b*tch that I was or really am." She informs, making both of them chuckle.

"Now this s'a conversation." Harry remarks, making her giggle and him chuckle.

They pause right after, silence taking over. She looks around to avoid his eyes since she doesn't know what to do while he's staring at her like that, making her notice that they stopped in the middle of the road with no signs of people awake. They're only company are the street lights, stars and the moon up in the night sky.

"S'nice, isn't it?" He asks, breaking the silence that became awkward as time goes by. "S'just the two of us in the middle of the city where no one's 'round under the starry night that ya glorify and I grew t'love." He finally said something that made her look up to him.

"You grew to love astronomy?" She asks with full of doubt that made him smirk and think of an idea.

He acts like his in pain by stepping a few steps backward, weakens his knees and places both of his hand on his chest. She worries as to what was happening to him so she tries to make him stand up straight by holding his arms.

"Are you okay?! What just happened?!" She asks anxiously.

"S'just a heartache from the judgement you struck into me." He teases that made Vee realizes that he was fooling around so she punches his shoulders.

"You, dickhead! That scared the shit out of me!" Vee yells and pushes him away from her but he steps closer to her nevertheless and chuckles. "Sorry..." She apologizes for her profanities.

She breathes to calm her heart since she was startled of the stunt Harry pulled. She looks up to him and notices that he still haven't remove his shades. She removes it with her hands. Upon removing, her moves slowed down as she catches the stare he's giving her. The look full of affection makes her blush. He was about to speak up but tiny droplets of water from the sky was felt on their foreheads. 

They both look up and saw the dark nimbus clouds surrounding the sky. Vee pulls up Harry's coat from her shoulders then places on top of them and runs towards somewhere that has a shade but Harry stops her. He places his coat back on her shoulders and wraps his arms around her waist. His head turns upwards with a smile on his lips and closed his eyes, feeling every raindrop on his face.

Vee seeing him in that kind of state with such serenity and peace, makes her at ease and enjoy the rain. Harry looks down on her and see the smile growing on her lips as she imitates Harry's state earlier. Vee opens her eyes and meets the gaze he's giving her. Eyes of green full of fondness with eyes of brown full of passion. He brings his hand up to her face and caresses her cheek with his thumb. 

"May I?" He asks for permission, glancing down on her lips while running his tongue on his to wet it. She presses her lips then licks it right after and finally nods. He smiles and finally lean down while she tiptoes and reaches him halfway, their lips finally meeting. Their kiss started as a peck but he eventually turned into more passionate and loving. Savoring each other's taste, memorizing every part of their mouths until they need to catch their breaths and pulls away. 

"Kissing in the rain..." She pants, catching her breath. 

"Yeah..." He agrees, also panting. "Cliché, innit?"

"It's actually romantic."

"Like ev'ry romantic - comedy movie has ever done."

"So, basically, your plan was to turn us into movie characters?"

"S'cool." He shrugs. "Vee, we've know each other for a while, y'know..."

"I know..."

He pauses and thinks before he speaks. 

She finds the situation romantic, should I go on? Is she ready if I voice out my feelings to her right now? Am I ready for her reaction? Will I be ready for her rejection? Will I be ready for us to take it to another level, as in with labeling? She. Is. Right. There's still so many frustrating unanswered questions. 

"We've been stayin' in the midst of cold air..." He dodges, once again. "And s'gettin' cold. We must be goin'..."