020

Song of the Chapter: this is what a broken heart feels like - Marina Lin

"KINDLY inform them I'm not feeling well." Vee begs palely. "I'm really sorry."  

"No worries but are you going to be alright alone?" Zel asks in concern.

Vee nods. "I feel like I'm much better alone right now anyway."

They both said their farewells to each other and when Vee closes the door as soon as they exited the room, Bryn whispers to Zel.

"I saw a bunch of Prozacs on her bedside table." She informs with a soft tone but made Zel's eyes wide. "What kind of pills are those?" Bryn asks obliviously.

Before Zel could answer, the usual bodyguards escorted them to the car. Minutes passed, they have arrived to the studio where they found Harry sitting on the couch while his elbows are leaning on his knees and his attention on Mitch who is playing the guitar beside him. He looks up when they entered the room and curtly nodded to them. It was obvious that he was looking for someone after the two girls but disappointed when he saw no one behind Bryn. 

They sat immediately around the table and automatically bring out their pens and papers, furrowing Harry's eyebrows based on his observation.

"Where s'Vee?" He asks as he stands up to approach them.

"Oh, right, boss." Bryn starts off with a certain rude tone. "Always knowing where his employees are."

"Bryn..." Zel warns before looking at Harry. 

"S'okay. I deserved that." He mumbles as she stands up to talk to him. 

"She won't be in today." She states. 

"Is it 'cause of me?" Harry asks worriedly. 

"The hell it is." Bryn comments. 

"Bryn..." Zel warns again, making Bryn raise her hands up as a surrender.

She looks back at Harry again and sighs.

"To answer your question, I'm not sure." Harry shifts because of what she said. "I mean, I thought it's because of you but what Bryn said made it more concerning." 

"Concernin'? What d'ya mean?" Harry worries even more for her.

"I saw a few Prozac pills on her bedside table." Bryn interferes as she also stand up to talk to Harry. 

"Pills? What kind of---"

"Antidepressants." Zel cuts Harry's question off, making him wide his eyes in much more worry for her. 

As he recovered, he picks up his belongings from the table and leaves the studio as fast as he can. Before reaching her hotel room in the hotel they're both staying in, he grabbed as much as comforting stuff he thinks are enough for her to forgive him and let him inside with her.

Alone inside the hotel room, Vee has been drowning in her thoughts. If she refuses to cry before because of Harry, she doesn't have any energy to refuse now. The feeling she wasn't been able to feel for months has come back to haunt her. She's crying as if every tear she's been releasing carries a problem she wants to get rid of. Crying as if nothing could ever solve her problems except taking her own life. Crying as if her non-existence will bring world peace. 

Upon shedding tears, soft but eager knocks on the door was heard. She aggressively wipes her tears out of her cheeks away, fearing that the face of the room service will bear pity, and stands up to open the door. She reaches the doorknob with one final exhale and opens it slowly as if it'll scare her what's behind the door. The thing is, nothing like a room service welcomes her.

"Vee..." Harry greets her in a soft tone, staring into her eyes that he always saw brown was now red.  

"You should be in the studio." Vee says as she avoids making eye contact.

"Was informed you feel ill today." Harry starts as she notice the plastic bags he's carrying. 

"I kinda do feel bad, yes." Vee answers

"I figured ya needed company. Even though m'not your best option right now." He glances down for a second then looks back at her. "May I come in?" He asks politely as she hesitates but still decides to open the door slowly and he enters the room. 

She closes the door and leads him into the bed since their hotel room is just standard, not like Harry's suite. She sits on the bed as he lays the bags on the floor and sits beside her but she shifts herself further. She grabs the pitcher of water and pours something on the empty glass then gave it to Harry. As Harry grabs the glass, he saw the pills Bryn was talking about that is placed beside her glass of water. 

"Why did you think you're not the best option for my company right now?" Vee asks as Harry downs the water out of nervousness.

"Ya know, right after what ya saw..." Harry almost whispers as he hands her the now empty glass and she sets it back on the bedside table.

"That I saw you kissing some lady?" She clarifies. "No worries. I'm not your girlfriend. Besides, you're Harry Styles. You do you." She scoffs.

"Vee, don't..." He begs. "Don't mention me full name, it makes me feel like m'nothing normal." He says, feeling uncomfortable.

"Sorry." She apologizes, not really feeling to argue about the certain topic. She sighs as he gazes at her. 

"M'here to listen to ya." He whispers as he intently stares into her eyes.

"So you saw my antidepressants." She darkly chuckles. 

"Ya could share it with me..." Harry starts. "If it s'okay fo' ya, 'course. Don't wanna force you into doin' things."

She sighs heavily. "I just want to end my existence, Harry..." Vee cries again and pours every emotion on each tear she sheds. Harry automatically wraps his arms around her protectively that Vee instantly hugs back. 

"Don't, Vee..." He comforts. "There s'many of us who'll support and care fo' ya. Think of us when ya leave, we'll be broken, don't ya think?" 

She pulls away and wipes her own tears from her cheeks. Harry lifts her face to meet his and her eyes using his index finger under her chin. He cups her wet cheeks wipers her tears with his thumbs without breaking eye contact. She grabs his hands away from her face and played with his fingers to look away from his green orbs.

"Vee..." He calls for her softly as she slowly looks up to him. "Was it 'cause of me and Townes?" He asks carefully.

She shakes her head no and goes back to play with his fingers and delicately touches his silver and gold rings. 

"So that's her name..." She ponders. "I don't have any right to feel jealous, Harry. I'm not your girlfriend." She expresses her thoughts out loud.

He ignores what she said.

If that's not it, what could possibly made the Vee he knows depressed?

"Then what happened?" 

a/n:
Updating this without proofreading.
Also, please pray for the Philippines. The earthquake was so traumatizing and we're still preparing if there's an aftershock which I hope there won't be any.