039

Song of the Chapter: Lost Stars - Adam Levine (cover by Jungkook of BTS)

"REALLY? One of your guitars has made an appearance tonight?" Vee asks, bemused and bewildered.

While Harry sits back beside her and being comfortable with his guitar, he chuckles. "Wouldn't be romantic enough if I didn't bring it now, would it babe?"

"So you claim to be the romantic type?"

"Darlin', I am the romantic type."

She smiles fondly as he wraps his left hand around her and placing it on the frets of the guitar while his right arm is positioned normally on where the sound hole of the guitar is, trapping her in an embrace. He clears his throat humorously and started strumming.

"Please don't see just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasies
Please see me reaching out for someone I can't see

He sings smoothly. His raspy voice hits the notes melodically.

"Take my hand let's see where we wake up tomorrow
Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand
I'd be damned Cupid's demanding back his arrow

Glancing every now and then from the guitar to Vee who is staring him with full admiration.

"So let's get drunk on our tears and
God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

He pauses and playfully winks at her, making her giggle.

"Who are we? Just a speck of dust within the galaxy?
Woe is me, if we're not careful turns into reality
Don't you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow
Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer
Turn the page maybe we'll find a brand new ending
Where we're dancing in our tears and

As he repeats the chorus, Vee repeats his confession through her mind. She can't believe it. He's willing to take the risk everyone is so weak to take, including her. Questions are, would she take the risk for him? Would she take the risk with him?

"I thought I saw you out there crying
I thought I heard you call my name
I thought I heard you out there crying
Just the same

She bops her head a little with the beat that he really finds it cute. She stops when the chorus was sung again by him and decided to lay her head on his shoulder to listen to his soothing singing voice instead. Stargazing while hearing him sing is her new solace.

"But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?
But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?"

Harry finishes and lets his left hand part from the guitar then settles it on her shoulder. He rubs her arm lovingly as he left a kiss on top of her head. Vee looks up to him with a guilty smile.

"I'm sorry I can't give you any answer just yet." She apologizes. "It's not that I can't repay the kind of feelings you feel for me to you but there's just so many things to consider before letting this happen, you know?"

He smiles genuinely as he lay the guitar properly and cups her face with his hands right after.

"I understand it was a tad bit surprisin' and all... I don't want ya t'feel pressured to say it back, at least not right away. I don't want ya t'say somethin' or anythin' now like in case you do feel the same way as I. I don't want ya t'say it today. Want ya t'say it in your own time. Want ya t'say it when you're ready, not say it back just 'cause I said it. You have t'know that I can wait a lifetime just fo' you. I love you enough to wait for ya."

She returns the smile he's giving to her. He pulls her up to move and lies between his legs. He leans back on the car window as she lays her head on his chest. Now, he heaves a sigh of relief. Relieved that everything is going well for now.

"I can get used to this." She mutters all of a sudden.

He looks down on her. "Me singin' to you?"

She nods. "And you calling me cute nicknames that make me---"

"Blush." He smirks. "I really will get used to this. Datin' you has always been a lovely experience for me."

"These dates would be dull if it weren't for your ideas."

"Hey, m'not the one who pulled me out of the café t'stargaze on our technical first date."

She giggles. "I'm now realizing that what I did was really weird. A stranger asking you to go out without saying where to go? I'm surprise you even went with me."

"Well, you're quite int'restin', all right." He acknowledges right away. "And I trust you."

Vee shifts and looks up to him then stared for him for a long time.

"Why?" He asks, curious as to why she reacted in such a way.

"No one said that they trusted me before." She smiles slowly that made him look at her with full sincerity.

This man never fails to make her fall in love for him more., she thought.

"You should be able to trust someone in order fo' ya to love 'em completely." He plays with the end of her hair as he watches her eyes twinkle. "Now, you're the one who's starin' at me."

She laughs softly. "You're like a sky full of stars."

"Believe me, babe, you're the one and only star that shines the brightest."

"Are you saying that I'm your star?"

"If you'll be me star, I'll be your sky." His right hand reaches for her left hand, making her look down to it. He then intertwines his fingers, wrapping it around hers. She looks back at him.

"You're not planning for us to watch the sun rise as well, are you?" She humors.

"S'a great suggestion, actually." He smirks as he brings their hands up to his lips, kissing each of her knuckles gently without breaking eye contact.

He sees that her eyes soften and added an emotion. She brings her free hand to cup his cheek and caresses it with her thumb. A smile creeps into her lips while she leans in but he stops her, catching the hesitation in her dark colored eyes.

"M'not obligatin' you t'kiss me, Vee." He shakes his head lightly as his free hand grips her wrist and removes it from his cheek. "The last thing that I wanna do is t'force ya into doin' somethin' you're not sure."

"No, Harry..."

"S'okay, me star." He smiles at her with assurance. "Let's change the rule. We won't have t'kiss in everywhere we go. Ya just gotta kiss me when you're ready t'give me an answer, yeah?"