Chapter 76

You say you love me don't you lie...

~•~ Chapter 76 ~•~

The tests took wait too long to end. My heart was pounding with anticipation and anxiety the entire time the doctors murmured among themselves but never replied to me, sending my anger to its highest level easily. Harry was waiting in the hallway with Niall and I think I heard Niall shout he's hungry and he can't wait any more. However, the results always came up unclear and I had to repeat the procedure again.

I was starting to panic and fear for my life every time I saw the same confusion on the doctors’ faces. What is possibly so strange and wrong with me? What did I do that put me in this situation? All I can remember, is that I was trying my best to survive. The terrors and haunting memories still overcome my mind and I am trying every day with all my might to push them away. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

When the tenth time the doctors looked helplessly and desperately at the results, I huffed out loud and crossed my arms while sitting on the patient's bed. “Still unclear?” I murmured in a bored tone.

Doctor Joy, the oldest one, with the kindest face I've seen, who reminds me a lot of Liam, turned to me, his brown eyes finding mine. “We are starting to think its the virus hiding in your system in order to protect itself from the cure. We are still not certain about it, it's just an assumption.” he replied honestly.

I frowned, “How is that possible? My scan showed I'm 100% clear.”

Doctor Finn shook his head and rubbed his temples, “We don't know, dear, we are trying our best to figure you out.”

I sighed deeply and looked over at the wall. It's been 2 whole hours and there's still no clear evidence or data that shows I'm fine and not a harm to anyone.

“Maybe give me a shot of the cure?” I suggested, seeing their face instantly drop.

“We can't do that, you are cured already.” Finn replied.

“But why isn't it showing on the tests?” I scoffed, throwing my hand towards the papers doctor Joy was holding. “If I'm clear, why am I still here?”

“There could be something wrong with the machines although I highly doubt it, they have been checked last week.” Joy mumbled, skeptically staring at the large tube scanner beside him.

I cocked a brow, growing very impatient and hungry and tired in this room with the constant beeping of the machines pissing me off. “Maybe it's just the machines and I'm perfectly fine and wasting my time and yours, in here.” I shrugged nonchalantly.

Doctor Finn looked at me with a playful smile, shaking his head in amusement. “We can tell you're looking forward to leaving, but we will need one last thing.” he said as he opened the drawer of his desk and pulled out a small plastic box.

“What is it?”

“We just need urological tests.” he handed me tbe plastic box and I sighed. So fucking be it.

“Be right back.” I hopped off the client’s bed and headed to the door that leads to the bathroom. After filling with plastic box with enough of my precious piss, I went back and handed them tbe box. “Can I go now?” I asked, hoping I would get the answer I need.

“Sure, but we might need you back in a few hours.”  Finn replied, looking through some papers.

I looked over at Joy, pleading him mutely to help me. He pursed his lips together and turned to Finn, “I'm sure we won't, she can come back in a week, let's make sure the machines are not troubled first.” I happily smiled at him, thankful he got me out of this hospital for at least one week.