Chapter 71

Do you know who you are?

~•~ Chapter 71 ~•~

"What was the thing that scratched your mind the most, Claire?"

"The shadows...turning into a man with horns, then a wolf, then disappearing because of the fireflies."

"And why do you pick that?"

"Because it's supernatural, and I saw it."

"Are you sure it wasn't just your imagination?"

"We all saw the shadows, I don't think we share the same eyes or fantasy, doctor Pan."

He huffed, raising his thin blonde brows at me skeptically. He has this very piercing look that sends chills down your spine every time he observes your reaction and the way you talk, look even breathe. His short blonde hair matched with his long blonde beard made him look mysterious and strict.

I have been in this room for about twenty minutes, getting asked questions about the mission. The walls on our sides were tinted glass from inside, meaning I couldn't see Leo, Harry, Zayn, the doctors and the scientists that were called to watch this procedure of sharing knowledge about the shield, but they could see us. Harry and Zayn got asked before me and Thomas didn't turn up today. He's probably dealing with all that Erika drama.

"Mr.Malik said you got abducted and put into the same cabin as he was." he brought the subject I was expecting so eagerly yet I didn't walk to talk about at all.

I swallowed, growing slightly nervous about the subject, because from the abduction, it leads to my worst nightmare. My heart clenched painfully as a swift horrible memory flashed before my eyes.

"Yes."

"What happened there?" he narrowed his piercing gray eyes at me, eating me alive.

I straightened myself on the red seat, trying to keep myself as neutral and not as conflicted as I felt. It's okay, Claire, you can't just avoid the bad part and go around the subject. Ι took a deep breath and prepared myself for the mind game that was coming.

"Zayn and I were like hostages. We were tied up and beaten. Ed betrayed me and stuck with his buddies. When the perfect opportunity came, Zayn striked and there was a big fight. But we managed to escape." I explained as coolly as I could.

"What did they do to you?"

"They beat us, I already told you."

"I'm talking about you. Specifically." he said slowly, having my heart shake with anxiety. "I can see there is something haunting you - and you're not good at hiding things, my dear."

Instantly, my wall crashed down. I bit my cheek, trying to keep myself calm and collected. This man is such an expert at his job, he knows what he has across from him and even my mask doesn't block him out. I tensed, knowing there were a lot pair of eyes on me at the moment.

“How's that going to help with your research?” I retaliated, switching my sadness and anxiety into anger.

Seriously though, I don't think it's important to share the abuse I had to endure in order to help the scientists realize what was going on in the shield.